Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fears about possible als?

Symptoms + twitching

Hallo, I'm sorry to be back here! My symptoms are strange. I wondered if anyone has them/ are they normal? I am still sorta worried of ALS but know it could be anything else, or nothing : ( It comforts me to tell myself as long as it stays roughly the same, it is no worry.. and indeed some of the symptoms I'm having seem related to ones I remember having had liike for almost a year! These are- weaker right leg, giving the sensation it's longer because I lean on the left. In February I walked a long way and noticed my hip moves differently on that side. So even though I'm right-handed I think my right side has been weaker, maybe all my life and anxiety makes it worse? e.g. I've always had asymmetrical smile... sorry I forget to list the symptoms :0

• Tremor in hands and fingers like a pulse, more noticable when holding something (the book is shaking), slight twitches
    • Twitches in my thighs also
    • Arms, wrist and legs feel sorta weak
    • I'm worried my grip is feeling looser, writing or when I hold a bag to my centre etc., though not alarming for me
    • The uneven walk mentioned above, I don't think it is visible tho. It is feeling worse than it was 2 weeks ago when all the tremors first started, but hope that these tremors are a benign cause. It is strange because my legs don't feel really weak as much as they feel uneven or unsteady...

A few of them come and go, one night I twitched on the side I was lying on but it was less noticable the next night, and my voice was sometimes feeling so weak but ok at other times. But I'm unsure abt the others

My GP did some basic strength tests on me on Monday, (pushing and pulling away, pushing the hand down, grip was recently checked too) and although I felt I couldn't pull them in with the right hand they said the strength is ok, and it's extremely small chance that I have ALS at my age. He referred me to an anxiety centre and was kinda annoyed/dismissive, was helpful tho. I told him most of these symptoms but I think I emphasised more the weak feeling, but I wish I elaborated on the ones I am more worried about...

Re: fears about possible als?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hii I'm sorry to be annoying : ( I just come back with one more symptom. It is really late now, half past one, but my right arm is going through points where it vibrates for a few seconds, up to 10 or so - really noticeable, like someone is trying to call me loll....
    And it's only there... thinking it could be the way I hold it when I'm on the computer for sustained periods but Idk..
    Sometimes when I'm walking I get a jolt too and I'm worried I will fall, my legs can feel heavy, shaky etc. of course I do have anxiety tho

shaky, twitches

i think my right side is smaller than my left. in the last month ive been having twitches on the underside of the right leg and in the right forearm and palm/wrist although it is sometimes on the left side too and in the nose. i can run and the gp said no clinical weakness but feel quite unsteady n tired, she also didn't rule out any illness but said its very unlikely...
    It is worse when I think about it or haven't slept but always there I think
    just wondering if anybody had similar experience xx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

i have a twitch in my left eyelid along with tremor down the whole right side, just wondering what could it be : ( hasnt seem to have gone away, awful strange
    ohh one thing i could relate to anxiety tho- last night when i calmed myself down i felt i can stand on one leg with less weakness
    the twitches are worse at night.. i can mostly notice them as fascics in my palms but im worried this is only cuz the skin is so taut there (a bit like how u can see them in the tongue?)
    i think my right arm is smaller

just updating but hope someone replies!! it's absolutely ok if no one does tho

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information