Thread: Heart Attack?

Heart Attack?

Hey Guys,
    To start with my name isnt Kieran anymore so plz ignore the username, its Ciera

So I was on the way home from Uni in the car today (my mum was driving) and I started getting some tingling in my chest.... About 10 minutes later this turned pretty quickly into intense fluttering in my chest with a dull ache; I started to have really low shallow breathing, became very dizzy and lightheaded, felt very sick, had a dull ache all over my arm, I felt very sweaty very suddenly and my anxiety levels sky rocketed on their own....

Being the health anxiety person I am I quickly grabbed for my phone and googled heart attack.... And low be hold, I meet the symtpoms! Not of the full on attack, but the more silent subtle heart attacks that go unnoticed more....

I quickly start panicking like crazy and I tell my mum... She pulls over and tells me she thinks its just because I havent eatten much today because she gets lightheaded and stuff when she hasnt eaten (Diabetes doesnt run in the family, shes been tested and so have we all). I eat a sandwich and nothing changes... Ive never had anything like that from not eating so I dont see why it would be that?.... Its almost 2 hours since the onset and the symptoms are all still there just not as severe, but I am panicking like CRAZY and am convinced its a heart attack and that I'm going to die tonight and I dont know what to do.... Half of me is saying its just anxiety, ill be fine... the other has is like 'GO TO A&E NOW, YOU NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION'....

For background information: Im a 22 year old trans woman with health anxiety. I take estrodial via HRT, and am on Zoladex injectable implants once every 3 months.... I'm aware this puts me at risk of blood clots. And I was up late last night with an intense cramp in my leg. I looked at my leg several times to check for redness or swelling and didnt see any so i just forgot about it, but now im concerned that it was and its giving me a heart attack...

Please help...

Re: Heart Attack?

You should get it checked out, but it's highly, highly unlikely you had a heart attack. Microscopic fractions of a percent chance.

What you have perfectly described is a panic attack.

I agree, it very much sounds like anxiety. But get it checked out for peace of mind.

I think you should get it checked out but it's NOT! a heart attack. I had the exact same symptoms as you and went to my GP and he said a heart attack would just keep getting worse and worse he said you wouldn't be able to carry out day to day activities for days on end. It's just anxiety hun but I hope you feel better soon

How are you now Ceira ?

Thread Information