Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Excessive Gas, Stomach Noises and toilet Changes What Is it?

Re: Excessive Gas, Stomach Noises and toilet Changes What Is it?

mischa, did you have antibiotics at any point this year? you describe what i had after i took some

I'm not sure if this is related to bowel issues or anything, but does anyone know what stinging in your chest area is? It's like a sharp stinging sensation, lasts a few seconds and goes. Usually happens a short while after having something to eat, it's really freaking me out. I usually get a stinging or small discomfort in my stomach, but at the moment, I'm sometimes getting it in my chest area in the middle.

I've been hearing a lot about Bowel Cancer lately and it has me worried about my own bowel issues. Last couple weeks my bowel movements have been a little all over the place. I go on average at least once a day, but sometimes the bowel movements can be quite large, then its been quite soft. Also with the gas as well, which is just stressing me out further because I'm thinking about cancers now.

Today wasn't so bad, not much cramps or discomfort, but did have one bout of that stinging pain my chest area, and as soon as I do, I feel anxious and fretting. Not sure what to think it is? I'm drinking plenty of water at the moment, and often get that horrible 'sloshy' sound in my stomach when I do.

Sometimes I even get scared its a heart problem or whatever else.

Anyone experience this, or similar? I honestly feel exhausted all the time, but not sure if that is all other factors in my life, like lack of sleep, or just not sleeping at the right time. Not enough nutrients in my diet, even though its better now, but still needs improvement. And other things, just not having any time to myself or quietness.

Anyway, I'm just feeling a bit fretty and agitated about this whole bowel cancer thing, and other worries about these sensations I'm having.

Btw, I've no blood in my stools, I've not lost weight (entirely the opposite, trying not to put any more weight on).

I am tired/drained, bowel movements vary from solid normal, to quite soft or large, cramps caused by gas maybe, having gas, belching too. not always, but sometimes when I belch too hard, I feel either food or liquid come back up and it burns or feels very acidy (if thats a right way to describe it!), but yeah, that is kind of gross.
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 02-09-20 at 20:01.

I debated whether to reply Mischa....

I think you know what I'm going to say. Until you're able to break the pattern, I'm afraid its just going to repeat itself. I think you know deep down what the deal is. Its just that the dragon is breathing fire down your neck at the moment :(

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I think you know what's going on too, Mischa and talking about your symptoms will just keep you focused on your HA.

I wanted to reply because your entire post is EXACTLY what I am experiencing at the moment. Genuinely feel like I could have written it. Even down to the acid burning taste which happened the first time today... also I am 32, no blood, weight GAIN etc so yeah.
    Despite that bloody dragon, I know that I have been here before. Many many a time. I just need to look back at my previous threads over the years!
    I find probiotics helped the last time this happened to me. So I am going to start them again... along with going back to the gym since it’s now reopened!

you’re not alone in your thoughts and I totally get it. Always here for a chat x

@MrsChurchill Sorry for late reply! Thank you, yeah it's a struggle on a daily basis. I am going to try some probiotics and see if they help as well, and see how they balance my stomach. Here to chat with as well if you need too x

Yesterday I had terrible stomach cramps, that turned into a ''gotta get to a toilet now'' situation, and my toilet was like 7 on the Bristol Stool scale. I wouldn't say it was entirely watery, but it came out pretty fast. No strange colour though, no blood, dark brown but boy it was a rush situation.

Today I had some cramping, not as bad, had mild 'stinging' pains in my upper stomach area. My bowel movement was a 6 on the Bristol scale, not as watery but still not solid. Without being gross, it was 'slushy'. Still a normal brown colour, no blood.

Been drinking lots of water though, and just eating less today, more so out of fear of needing to rush to the toilet when I was getting groceries today. Only gone the twice this morning, and not had much 'stinging' pain but having some tonight, so not sure what's causing that feeling. It's probably the one sensation that unsettles me the most. I know I may seem a little over active on the anxiety front about certain things, but I genuinely do fret about them, like this whole bowel cancer stuff, or whatever other things.

I do have quite a bit of stress on a daily basis with a few things, and it probably doesn't help with things. Today I finally got time to myself to just relax without noise and other things.

Yeah, so my bowel movement this last day or two has been off, slight diarrhea, not sure why. Before that as I stated above, was having that 'stinging' pain in my upper stomach area, which is the unsettling part. My BM had been all right, sometimes it was slightly larger than normal, then it would vary slightly, but yeah, yesterday and today was a rough day, which made me feel a bit off, drained and a little anxious about stuff like the bowel cancer stuff.

Is there a reason why you'd have a bowel movement late at night? I don't often get bowel movements at night but sometimes I do, and I read it is due to an infection? Not sure how true that is.

Today I haven't had a bowel movement since yesterday, and I've only got that sharp, stinging pain later this evening after I finished eating for the day. I don't eat past 8pm. It's the one symptom that is the most distressing to me. I'm worried if it is an infection, will it get worse? Turn into Sepsis? I don't know, but my anxiety is high with it.

I didn't have much stinging/sharp symptoms in my upper abdominal area (sometimes up near my chest area in the middle), up until later this afternoon/evening. My brain can't switch off at the moment to these worries. It's just distressing me really, and all the talk of bowel cancer, infections and such have me a little tense from it because I've had these symptoms for the last week or so.

Mischa,
    I’m having a lot of issues with my guts, have been since March. Have a look in line at Symprove. I keep recommending this and must add that I do not have any affiliation with the company. I’m a month and a week in and must say, though I’m still bloated and a few other symptoms, I’m not get anymore cramping and my mindset is so much more rational, how it should and use to be. Read the reviews too.

I will definitely look into for sure! Thank you!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information