Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Excessive Gas, Stomach Noises and toilet Changes What Is it?

Re: Excessive Gas, Stomach Noises and toilet Changes What Is it?

I tend to take them in the evening about 30 minutes after eating because my reflux was worse at night.
    You can still take gaviscon while you’re on omeprazole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I started to take it in the morning and seems to help a bit, still getting it a little, but a bigger improvement. I'm also going to get Gaviscon for when I stop the medication just in case!

It takes a few weeks for PPIs to really kick in. Even so, proper diet is very important. Having some OTC relief helps for breakthrough reflux. I know you have an affinity for chocolate and other rich foods. Have you been indulging? Be honest....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi @Fishmanpa Yeah, hopefully after I finish this medication, it'll settle back down. I'm still eating chocolate, which has always been like a crutch to me, sounds weird but I guess that's the whole point is the ''feel good'' thing it gives you. Mind you, I've cut down massively, and going for ones with less sugar and having less of it, where I'd normally have large ones and still want more. I've also been watching what I've been eating, spicy foods don't seem to cause anything when I eat them, I'm noticing it happens more when I've had something fatty or greasy, like if its done in too much oil. Not having any trouble with garlic, oniones definitely don't agree with me, so I've cut them out. White foods are okay, like bread, I've been eating tons of more vegetables and few fruits (trying to watch my sugar intake).

Chocolate is definitely something I rely very heavily on, so I am cutting down, which hard for me. Probably a sugar addiction there!

I've been cutting things and then adding and seeing, so far theirs not huge red flag foods, onions is a no no. Not sure about dairy, as I don't really eat much cheese anyway, so will have to see if that causes anything. Milk doesn't seem to affect me terribly, but I only have a small amount in cereal, so not sure if theirs a certain amount that would be the tipping point with dairy.

Drinking plenty of water. Not sure if its been since I took them in the morning but the Lansoprazole Pinewood seems to be settling it quite a bit, some still in my chest area but very mildly. I've also cut down on butter, on toast or adding to foods, I never have salt on anything anyway so just been analyzing as best I can. I'm sure I've made mistakes along the way, but I'll keep trying until I can get this right and now cause me such anxiety.

Thanks Fishmanpa!

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Hi @Fishmanpa Yeah, hopefully after I finish this medication, it'll settle back down. I'm still eating chocolate, which has always been like a crutch to me, sounds weird but I guess that's the whole point is the ''feel good'' thing it gives you. Mind you, I've cut down massively, and going for ones with less sugar and having less of it, where I'd normally have large ones and still want more. I've also been watching what I've been eating, spicy foods don't seem to cause anything when I eat them, I'm noticing it happens more when I've had something fatty or greasy, like if its done in too much oil. Not having any trouble with garlic, oniones definitely don't agree with me, so I've cut them out. White foods are okay, like bread, I've been eating tons of more vegetables and few fruits (trying to watch my sugar intake).

Chocolate is definitely something I rely very heavily on, so I am cutting down, which hard for me. Probably a sugar addiction there!

I've been cutting things and then adding and seeing, so far theirs not huge red flag foods, onions is a no no. Not sure about dairy, as I don't really eat much cheese anyway, so will have to see if that causes anything. Milk doesn't seem to affect me terribly, but I only have a small amount in cereal, so not sure if theirs a certain amount that would be the tipping point with dairy.

Drinking plenty of water. Not sure if its been since I took them in the morning but the Lansoprazole Pinewood seems to be settling it quite a bit, some still in my chest area but very mildly. I've also cut down on butter, on toast or adding to foods, I never have salt on anything anyway so just been analyzing as best I can. I'm sure I've made mistakes along the way, but I'll keep trying until I can get this right and now cause me such anxiety.

Thanks Fishmanpa!
    Thank you for your honesty. I think you know the deal here. You're doing some really positive things concerning your diet but you know and I know its time to take the next step. You already know certain foods aggravate you but its time to detail that and keep track of what you eat so you can reduce or eliminate them from your diet. That's not to say you can't indulge now and again, but limiting things that cause symptoms is the direction you should take in earnest. I've posted about the FODMAP diet numerous times and I can attest the benefits. My wife and I suffer from reflux and its helped immensely. And BTW, chocolate is actually on the list of good things but in a limited special savor the 3 square portion amount.

Consider this a challenge

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    It takes a few weeks for PPIs to really kick in. Even so, proper diet is very important. Having some OTC relief helps for breakthrough reflux. I know you have an affinity for chocolate and other rich foods. Have you been indulging? Be honest....

Positive thoughts
    I've had to go back on the low fodmap because my IBS has gone orbital. Obviously chocolate is off the menu but my tum started to settle down a bit so me (the idiot) snaffled down a Double Decker yesterday, and the pain was back at 4am, as was the gas.

You're absolutely right about diet being important, and if we choose to reach into the tin for that forbidden chocolate bar - we can't whinge when it bites us in the colon!

@Fishmanpa I've been printing off some of the FODMAP recipes from a few places and adding a few bits in my shopping, so see how that goes as well. Yeah, I know chocolate is my downfall, so am really cutting that down and will start trying to indulge in smaller portions too.

Thanks Fishmanpa!

Does anyone know what causes a aching or dull aching sensation in your lower left stomach area that you can feel in the side and in the back? Tender when touching too? I've had a couple days where my bowel movements have been really soft, mushy, but not watery or diarrhea. Light brown, no blood or anything. Then had this aching sensation in the lower left, just under my waist area on the left, no idea what it is?

Having a really bad day today too, cat had another seizure, so emergency run to the vets, and has medication now, think its epilepsy. So my stomach feels like it hurling around like a washing machine.

I have a temperature of 96.0 tonight, should I be worried? It's never been that low. I don't feel cold, I read it under my tongue, under the center. When I took it under the left side of my tongue, it went to 96.6, why was it so low under the center of my tongue? Was it just a fluke, sorry, just was took back at it being so low. I'm use to 96.6 but not lower really.

In my opinion, you should try cutting out chocolate entirely. I know it’s hard, but you need to give it a try. And not just for a couple days - a month or two. This is what worked for my dad and several other people that suffer from your same issue. They were able to add chocolate back into their diet after a couple months - but only in very small portions - and not daily. Might be worth a try.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information