Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Excessive Gas, Stomach Noises and toilet Changes What Is it?

Re: Excessive Gas, Stomach Noises and toilet Changes What Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Is there a reason why you'd have a bowel movement late at night? I don't often get bowel movements at night but sometimes I do, and I read it is due to an infection? Not sure how true that is.

Today I haven't had a bowel movement since yesterday, and I've only got that sharp, stinging pain later this evening after I finished eating for the day. I don't eat past 8pm. It's the one symptom that is the most distressing to me. I'm worried if it is an infection, will it get worse? Turn into Sepsis? I don't know, but my anxiety is high with it.

I didn't have much stinging/sharp symptoms in my upper abdominal area (sometimes up near my chest area in the middle), up until later this afternoon/evening. My brain can't switch off at the moment to these worries. It's just distressing me really, and all the talk of bowel cancer, infections and such have me a little tense from it because I've had these symptoms for the last week or so.
    Mischa, stress affects your digestive system terribly.
    In June my reflux flared up for the first time in 2 years and it’s just starting to get better 3 months later.
    And yes, people have bowel movements at all different times of the day. Especially if they have anxiety and are closely monitoring their bodies.
    The little twinge you get in your chest area sound very much like reflux.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Scass! Yeah, it's been a bit of a rough time with things, and am working on trying to reduce stress in my daily life as well to see any improvement. I think that is what sets me off when I get those little stinging/sharp pains, as I don't get much stomach pains. I'm also trying (use that word losely) to get some weight off as well, after putting 5lbs on over the last 6 months, so going to cut down and see if that will help also. I just feel very tense at the moment, and wound up and unable to fully relax, which has caused my HA to flare up recently.

Thanks Scass, hope you're doing well though!

Hello!
    Could you try a gaviscon or similar after eating? I know you love chocolate almost as much as me, and it’s terrible for reflux. I try to just have a couple of squares at a time.

I’m doing ok, thanks for asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if I can take Gaviscon with my medication - Eltroxin and Propranolol? If I can, I'll definitely take some to help. I had a bout there just 10 minutes ago, not sure if it was because I was moving about but it was such a sharp/stingy feeling in the upper part of my stomach. I hate getting so upset that I nearly cry with the stress and anxiety, it's such a hard place to be.

I also need to cut down on the chocolate to a much less amount, it's the only thing that gives me a happy feeling, sad but true.

I'll be sure to ask about some Gaviscon tomorrow, thanks Scass. Good to hear!
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 08-09-20 at 21:28.

Had a over the phone consultation with my doctor this morning, told him my symptoms of the 'stinging/sharp pain' in upper stomach and chest area. He asked if I had a fever and how severe the pain was. I said it was moderate and usually occured in the afternoon evening when it flares up. I also said I had some bowel issues the last few days as well. He prescribed me Lansoprazole Pinewood 30mg gastro-resistant capsules, hard for 2 weeks. So I just took my first one now before I have my dinner, as it says to take 30-60 minutes before you eat.

I always get nervous taking new medications as well. But if it helps.

Anyone tried these tablets before?

I'm on my 2nd day of the medication Lansoprazole Pinewood, it seems to have stopped the stinging/sharp pains, although I still get an odd very mild bout, so I'm going to continue taking them. I only have a couple side effects though, which seems to be like a strange sensation in my stomach, like a burning, not sure if that's the medication working on my stomach acids or not but hopefully it helps. I'm also adding a few things to my diet to help my stomach as well.

Bowel movements are still not quite right but their solid again. Going to keep an eye on it and take the medication, which has been prescribed for two weeks, once a day. Just wanted to update.

I had a bit of that stinging pain in my stomach again today, even though I'm on the Lanoprazole Pinewood 30mg. Not sure if it was just more stomach acid than normal, but it gave me a jolt of anxiety again, especially when I get it in the middle of my chest area, does make me anxious a bit.

I'm on my 2nd week of this medication now and I'm also waiting at least an hour before I eat after taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    I had a bit of that stinging pain in my stomach again today, even though I'm on the Lanoprazole Pinewood 30mg. Not sure if it was just more stomach acid than normal, but it gave me a jolt of anxiety again, especially when I get it in the middle of my chest area, does make me anxious a bit.

I'm on my 2nd week of this medication now and I'm also waiting at least an hour before I eat after taking it.
    Hi Misha, i also take Lanzoprazole & my understanding is that you take them 30 mins to an hour at start of day before you’ve had any food at all, which can be a pain when you’re in a rush but they do seem to work. Now reading your post i’m wondering if taking them correctly?

I've been taking them in the afternoon around 3 or 4pm? I've just had breakfast, so might have messed up today now. I didn't realise it was in the morning, as it only says on the meds to take 30-60 minutes before eating. I'll take it around lunch time today, as I won't be having anything until later today and see how that works. Think I've been taking them too late yikes!! Thanks, I honestly didn't realize they were suppose to be taken in the morning!!

I took it this morning and seemed to work well until this evening, I've gotten that burning/stinging pain just under my chest in the middle there. It's so distressing because when I take a deep breath in, I get that sudden little sharp twinge, it's not a very painful or severe pain but I'm just feeling a bit panicky today about it again. I kept thinking it was my heart or a stroke or something.

I think I only have 5 days of medication left, and I'm watching what I'm eating, drinking lots of water. Sorry, just feeling a bit anxious about it again because it seems to be in the upper stomach/chest area. Doesn't last long but happens more in the evening than the daytime. So not sure what's going on. My bowel movements are normal again, so guess that's why I'm feeling panicky because I'm still having this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information