Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Excessive Gas, Stomach Noises and toilet Changes What Is it?

Re: Excessive Gas, Stomach Noises and toilet Changes What Is it?

Sorry to hear your having something similar, it's so distressing! Going to watch what I eat to see if it will help,hope yours gets better soon too!

Just wanted to ask, but would my stomach cramps or pains, and toilet troubles, they wouldn't be down to an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm would they?

I happened to speak to a friend about my issues and they mentioned that, and well, when you look it up it's pretty dangerous and serious and frightening, so trying not to get myself too freaked out about more stuff.

No they wouldn’t. That’s one of those immediate things isn’t it? You wouldn’t miss those signs.

Stress always affects your digestive system, I’d be surprised if you didn’t have reflux or ibs.

X

Also, how mean is your friend for even suggesting such a thing, does she know you at all!!

I know I know! She didn't think of it, it was in relation to someone she knew, and then brought it up and I didn't say anything, tried to ignore it! Yeah, I know you're probably right, and I've enough things to worry about, still have gastric/bowel movements etc, still have my red itchy patch behind my left knee, so I still have stuff I'm worrying, which is mot likely exacerbating them as well, and causing me to feel rough and tired too.

I'll try avoid those conversations in future! Tummy cramps and gastric stuff is probably an IBS thing or digestive, as I am very stressed and up tight a lot of late, and that's not helping, so, definitely a couple worries!

I was at the doctors a couple weeks back, about my blood tests, which were normal, except for low iron (I think he said ferratin or something), and that was it. I also explained about my gas, bowel issues I've talked about here, he felt my stomach and I told him about my stools, the discomfort when passing gas, or when needing to go the toilet, he said about fibre, and upping my fibre and avoiding foods etc.

But, I know I shouldn't have but looking online about this and what I could do, one pointed out about ''red warning signs with IBS symptoms'' and one of them was (anemia - lower iron) and nightime stuff, which I suffer badly with falling asleep or jumping up feeling like my stomach suddenly jumps as well or weird sensations here and there, and now it has me a bit panicked that their some sort of red warning sign along with my gas, stomach discomfort, and bowel issues.

I also explained how I can go one day, and then maybe not go for two days, and it varies like that, which is why he suggested fibre.

I'm feeling very upset about all this, and worrying it's something serious and it's making me really panicky and anxious. I don't know, it's just causing me a lot of distress about what's going on. I'm finding it impossible to try be 'calm' or relax about this, cause I'm thinking the worst stuff.

At the moment, my bowel issue is hard, and hurts when passing, like a burning sensation. I don't get any blood, only once a couple days ago, but that could have been from the passing of my stools. The color hasn't changed though, it's still like that browny/yellow color, so I don't know how to feel about that and am uptight and tense about all of this.

I'm starting to think of all sorts of things like Pancreatic cancer, tumors or something unknown and it's really quite exhausting. I'm drinking plenty of water, and my diet could be better but I do eat a fair amount of vegetables and have fruit here and there, I think my only vice is having a little too much chocolate on a daily basis. I don't drink, smoke, eat red meat and other than being fairly sedentary (beside an hourly walk a day with my dogs), I don't know but it has me very on edge and stressed to the maximum now.

Sorry for ranting, but it's just been having me feel very worried.
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 10-12-19 at 00:13.

So, what have you done since the appointment to increase your fiber intake and what foods have you discovered and eliminated to help prevent symptoms?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I've just added more vegetables really, my only vice is that I eat chocolate everyday (maybe a little too much of it, maybe as a stress relief). I'm very low on money so it's been hard to buy better foods as their expensive, so theirs a limit to the really good stuff I can buy. I'm not eating that much white bread, My breakfasts are here or there, it's mainly snacks during the day, then a dinner and then the chocolate at night, that's about it. I know my lifestyle is quite sedentary as well, but not sure if that is a contributor or not.

It has me wracking my brain to be honest. I know my diet can always be better, but I do try get in some veg everyday, and I got some bananas and brazil nuts, I'm trying to find more fibre rich foods to add to my diet. I haven't really eliminated anything in particular, as in a specific group, I don't eat much dairy beside the chocolate, I drink only water (about a litre to two litres a day), and I eat some salmon when I can afford it, and chicken as well. So, I do get a good bit of fibre but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    I've just added more vegetables really, my only vice is that I eat chocolate everyday (maybe a little too much of it, maybe as a stress relief). I'm very low on money so it's been hard to buy better foods as their expensive, so theirs a limit to the really good stuff I can buy. I'm not eating that much white bread, My breakfasts are here or there, it's mainly snacks during the day, then a dinner and then the chocolate at night, that's about it. I know my lifestyle is quite sedentary as well, but not sure if that is a contributor or not.

It has me wracking my brain to be honest. I know my diet can always be better, but I do try get in some veg everyday, and I got some bananas and brazil nuts, I'm trying to find more fibre rich foods to add to my diet. I haven't really eliminated anything in particular, as in a specific group, I don't eat much dairy beside the chocolate, I drink only water (about a litre to two litres a day), and I eat some salmon when I can afford it, and chicken as well. So, I do get a good bit of fibre but not sure.

So essentially 'nothing' Sorry, but it's BS that it costs more to eat healthy and a container of Miralax fiber additive (I take a dose every day) won't break the bank. Your eating habits and lifestyle are a contributing factor as well in your digestive issues. Bottom line you have a choice... Continue doing the same things and keep getting the same results or start to make the changes necessary to address them

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 10-12-19 at 01:38.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

But you’ve had blood tests and they were fine.
    So you now need to look at your stress levels, not just diet.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information