Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duloxetine day 1

Re: Duloxetine day 1

I would say try not to feel sorry for yourself no matter how bad you feel. It just makes things worse and reinforces the feeling that things will never get better.

Give the duloxetine a chance? I know you've been on tonnes of meds before with no real success but you've got a new doctor with a new approach now so you've got to have faith until you know for sure that things aren't improving?

My son is switching to duloxetine too-he's got quite complex issues so it's a gamble. He has been to the darkest places in the last few weeks-you will know all about this though. You have to try something to get you through the days when everything seems hopeless and pointless, Paul and you are and you do.

Greatly appreciate your post pulisa. many hugs (())

I know it's just words on a screen but I understand your distress and frustration... There's no exact science to this and you've just got to get through the hours as best you can and not expect too much from the meds. Having faith in your psych is important but as they are so fond of saying "there is no magic wand" to speed recovery and don't we know it! Whatever small thing you can do to brighten your day all helps though.

many thanks pulisa. Day trying to keep going no energy and still twilight zone. plenty of yawning. woke up at 2 am last night but took loraz to get back over. just taken my youngest cycling. just trying to keep moving fwd.

Best wishes to all.

Day 8. Very hard to get moving today just flt like the black dog was trying to smother me. anyway, did school run, went to shops got some odds and sods and tried to rod the drains out the back. just trying to keep moving. just want to lay down but head is like "no chance, get back on that treadmill through the darkness".
    anyway onward we must go.

warmest regards,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    Very hard to get moving today just flt like the black dog was trying to smother me. anyway, did school run, went to shops got some odds and sods and tried to rod the drains out the back. just trying to keep moving. just want to lay down but head is like "no chance, get back on that treadmill through the darkness".

anyway onward we must go.
    Indeed. I think I've said this before when you were on lofepramine, you don't give yourself enough credit for how well you're actually doing. It's not as bleak as you may think. Not many would have accomplished even half of what did today and that's what you should be focussed on, imho, the positives, not the black dog.

Ian

I have been on this a while and on 120 and finding it really hard in the mornings , how’s it doing now , seems to take forever

Quote Originally Posted by TRISTAN View Post
    I have been on this a while and on 120 and finding it really hard in the mornings
    Hard how?

When do you take it?

seems to take forever
    It can take up to 12 weeks for ADs to kick-in, Tristan

I wake with bad adrenaline and can’t settle for hours , been on it about 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Indeed. I think I've said this before when you were on lofepramine, you don't give yourself enough credit for how well you're actually doing. It's not as bleak as you may think. Not many would have accomplished even half of what did today and that's what you should be focussed on, imho, the positives, not the black dog.

Ian
    actually last night from 6.45pm was quite good. but today the same if not harder but hey ho day 10 nearly done

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information