Thread: This ones bad (Brain Hypochondria)

This ones bad (Brain Hypochondria)

So I’m a 17 year old male and I’ve had some muscle twitches for about a year now. They used to be much worse than they are now, but after drinking more nutrition shakes, they’ve gotten better. They still happen sometimes though. This symptom has always gotten me anxious because I never knew what it was.

However, last night I got this headache mixed with anxiety and panic. This headache is sharp around my eyebrows and near the middle of my head. All these negative thoughts hit me all at once. All I was thinking about was how (god forbid) I have a brain tumor. I woke up this morning and the headache was still a little present and it’s still there a little bit. I tried taking NSAIDs and they help a bit but not fully.

This all makes me very upset because I thought I was fully over my anxiety and knew how to deal with it but I guess not. These situations make me feel vulnerable because I convince myself that a brain tumor is present after doing “RESEARCH”

Some Notes to take into account:
    -Yesterday I was active and was playing some football and all was fine. Eventually a play happened where I had to head the ball. I didn’t really think much of it and I really don’t think this is what caused it; however, I’m trying to think positively.
    - I play video games for a couple hours and maybe the light gave me a headache. Again not sure it was this but I’m trying to think positive.

Re: This ones bad (Brain Hypochondria)

Hi. Sorry to hear that you've been worrying like this.

In regards to the twitches, in case it reassures you, about 7 years ago I had crazy muscle twitches everywhere for many many months. Then my thumb started to twitch literally every few seconds, every single day, for about 2 weeks. Even when I had just woken up/ was falling asleep. I was CONVINCED that it was something awful. Then, one day it stopped. No idea what it was. I guess these things just happen sometimes.

You've only had a headache since yesterday and they are sooo common (I have one now). So much can cause them, sometimes I have no idea what has caused mine. But they go away eventually. You'll be fine

Ummm, but you have cause and effect - you did ball headers in football and now have a pain inbetween your eyebrows (which is where the ball would have hit).

Well, even though you've not come back to say anything, I should imagine you are fine.

Hey Carys, I’m sorry as I didn’t get a notification for the messages. The headache has gone away fully since then. However, the muscle twitches are still there.

Goodo, glad you are ok. Twitches are nothing, they are part of anxiety - stressed and fatigued nerves and muscles which are being flooded with adrenaline too often. There are SO MANY people on here, and have been for years and years, talking about twitches here there and everywhere. Just accept them for being a benign condition, which they are.

Thread Information