My mornings are awful. I awake around 4/5 just feeling so worried as if I am about to go for an interview. I am tossing and turning. My stomach feels awful. I’m sweaty, can’t sleep, my heart is hurting- as if I have just had a bad break up (which I haven’t). I feel like I just want to curl up and die.

I then manage to go for a shower and take my little boy to school- but I feel awful for the whole day- not as bad as the morning but I can’t focus on anything but how I feel- I don’t really feel part of the same world as anyone else. Constantly uncomfortable and hot and cold.

Then when I need to sleep in the evening - I struggle to get to sleep and the whole cycle starts again. My life is constant torture and I feel awful the whole time.

I have been in fluoxetine for nearly 2 weeks at the therapeutic dose (3 weeks altogether) but I just feel dreadful and I felt as bad before I was on it.

I am told I have to get used to how bad I am feeling as that is how I will reduce the adrenaline going around my body and so will feel better- but I feel awful and so sleep deprived- I can’t do it.

Should I just hospitalise myself??