Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Re: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Wishing you a good day Mrs M
    And the same to you lovely Carnation.

Its funny how we blame everything on anxiety - it turns out I had a slight chest infection at the weekend and that is why I felt breathless- I just assumed it was another delight of anxiety x

I wanted to respond to you because I get this a lot especially recently. I have been woken in the middle of the having the worst panic attacks I’ve ever had. My anxiety knocks me for six nearly every day. I wake up and my first thought everyday is something that is not positive. Anti depressants can make you feel unsettled for a long while in and off stay with them though. It will be hard but it’s worth it. Don’t put to much pressure on your self it’s hard feeling like this. Anxiety knocks all of your hormones out of whack to which won’t help at all. Take care

Hi, yes - I have had all those feelings and currently have them, and it is anxiety. I get bouts of it, and everytime get myself so worked up, even though I know what it is and that it will pass. Each time is like the first time all over again. I have found coming on here helps so much. Even just giving support to others can help you too. I also find listening to Dr Claire Weekes on youtube video calms me down. Also a guy called Trey Jones Anxiety coach on youtube videos is great. It makes you realise how common anxiety is and that you are not alone and not dying. Best wishes to you and I hope today is a good one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nikita View Post
    Hi, yes - I have had all those feelings and currently have them, and it is anxiety. I get bouts of it, and everytime get myself so worked up, even though I know what it is and that it will pass. Each time is like the first time all over again. I have found coming on here helps so much. Even just giving support to others can help you too. I also find listening to Dr Claire Weekes on youtube video calms me down. Also a guy called Trey Jones Anxiety coach on youtube videos is great. It makes you realise how common anxiety is and that you are not alone and not dying. Best wishes to you and I hope today is a good one for you.
    Thank you Nikita - that is really kind and helpful. It is hard to think of it being just anxiety sometimes as it feel so uncomfortable and all consuming. My therapist said to me - that if you are in the quick sand- the best way to sink more is to move a lot. If you stay still - you are more likely to get out. Wishing you all the best and keep us posted with how you get on.

xxx

You are welcome. One of the worst things, for me at least, with anxiety - is that we do not look sick. It is usually something that we try very hard to hide from others. If somebody asks how you are and you say, I've got really bad anxiety at the moment, - they would feel uncomfortable, not know what to say to you. We are expected to work as normal, look as normal, act normal ... and the effort of that is exhausting. Today I have very bad anxiety and at one stage during the day I really, really thought I was about to die. I got a panic attack, couldn't feel my left arm, shaking like mad, terrified, couldn't breath properly. Yet, I wouldn't ring anybody or go to a doctor etc as I didn't want to look foolish at being told it is just a panic attack. It was about 10 minutes of sheer terror and being convinced I was about to just die. But I didn't. And trying to explain that to somebody who has never experienced that, .... well, I just wouldn't, or can't.

Hi Mrs M

I've had that feeling of breathlessness Mrs M and just recently because I had a virus a few weeks which affected my chest and breathing. It felt like I was carrying a rucksack fall of bricks on my back. And it's only natural to feel scared when like that.

Hi Mrs M

I've had that feeling of breathlessness Mrs M and just recently because I had a virus a few weeks which affected my chest and breathing. It felt like I was carrying a rucksack fall of bricks on my back. And it's only natural to feel scared when like that.

Hey Carnation, it is scary isn’t it. I wonder how people coped with it in the old days? I think he used we have TV now we see breathlessness as suffocation and see pictures of people suffocating on tv in an overly dramatic way. I tend to focus on something if it doesn’t feel right and it makes me feel uncomfortable and I can’t take my mind off of it. So if my breathing is funny - I’ll be focussed on it, or if my throat hurts, or I have a headache- I will focus on them too. It’s like I want everything to be perfect but it’s can’t be. I wonder why I focus on these things so much. I’d imagine the average person would feel these sensations and not care and get on with life.

Nikita, I agree- it’s hard for someone to understand when outwardly we look fine. Some
    people commented that they could see sadness in my eyes or I was looking extra pale (i‘m pasty as it is!!)
    but then I would panic that someone has noticed something is wrong and then I worry they will attach the stigma to me - that I am mad, weird etc... I think a lot still needs to change around mental health. Just because someone is depressed or anxious- it does not make them dangerous. I am not an angry person and I have never lost consciousness and acted without knowing (ie been psychotic- just paralytic when I was young!!)

Have a great day all. Thanks for making me feel normal and that I am not alone x

Xxx

Morning Mr M

The media definitely has alot to do with feeding our mind with fear. People didn't have that decades ago, they lived in the dark over many issues.
    Sometimes it's better not knowing what could happen to you.
    Hope your day goes ok today. x

Morning Mr M

The media definitely has alot to do with feeding our mind with fear. People didn't have that decades ago, they lived in the dark over many issues.
    Sometimes it's better not knowing what could happen to you.
    Hope your day goes ok today. x
    exactly - sometimes it is better not to know. How are things with you? X

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    exactly - sometimes it is better not to know. How are things with you? X
    so the depression has come back with a vengeance today. It’s so annoying as you make progress and then you feel so disheartened xxxx

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread Information