Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Re: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Thank you for your reply Ankiety Joe. Trouble is my son is off school at the moment so I do my have a chance to practise - but once he is back at school it is definitely something that I will try and it is clear I need to do it. Thank you for
    your kind reply. :-)

You could use mindfulness as well, even when the kids are about (although I do get it, the struggle is real lol).

I found that even a 30-60 second meditative state whenever you can has real benefits over time.

Thanks Ankiety Joe- I will give that a go- yes the struggle is real - :-) x

For what it's worth, I have the globus sensation today. It's deeply unpleasant, but ignoring it is usually a fairly effective tactic.

The thing about meditation is that the more you do it, the easier (and more soothing) it gets. I thought I was never going to get the hang of it, but now even a few breaths can leave me feeling much better.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post

The thing about meditation is that the more you do it, the easier (and more soothing) it gets. I thought I was never going to get the hang of it, but now even a few breaths can leave me feeling much better.
    I couldn't agree more. It's the whole practise/brain re-wire thing.

It gets to the point where your subconscious just says 'oh yeah, we're cool with this....carry on'.

And the best thing is that once you've got it, it's a source of support that nobody can take away from you.

I clearly remember the first time everything clicked into place - I was in a counselling appointment and (coincidentally) having a very, very severe panic attack at the time about my husband's health. I couldn't even sit down. I'll always be thankful to the counsellor who gently insisted I continued with the breathing that day even though I *knew* it was a waste of time and that it would take me days to weeks to feel like a normal human being again. I was wrong, she was right, and by the time the appointment was over fifteen minutes later I felt completely fine, or as near as.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    And the best thing is that once you've got it, it's a source of support that nobody can take away from you.

I clearly remember the first time everything clicked into place - I was in a counselling appointment and (coincidentally) having a very, very severe panic attack at the time about my husband's health. I couldn't even sit down. I'll always be thankful to the counsellor who gently insisted I continued with the breathing that day even though I *knew* it was a waste of time and that it would take me days to weeks to feel like a normal human being again. I was wrong, she was right, and by the time the appointment was over fifteen minutes later I felt completely fine, or as near as.
    Thank you - this definitely gives me hope that things can change. Thank you.

Blue Iris- does it feel as it you have something stuck in your throat- like a piece of
    food. I am sorry, probably talking about it has reminded you of it and brought back the sensation.

xx

It does, yes - like there's something lodged there. It's not pleasant.

Thanks Blue Iris-
    lets not talk about it again so that we can forget about it.

xx

Good plan! It's harmless, anyway

I've had to cancel my cinema trip because my heel's hurting and I'm not up for a three-mile walk. Will grab goodies from the supermarket this afternoon and then watch a film at home, though.

Do you have any plans for the day?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information