Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Re: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Ah that sounds like a good job- do you enjoy it?

Do they not have half term this week?

Xx

I'd enjoy it if we had the funding and staffing for me to be able to do a job and receive adequate wages. It's half term, but the IT part of my job is year-round so I'm working until Wednesday lunchtime.

Glad of the long weekend, though!

It so frustrating isn’t it? You just want to do to it job properly that’s all, with a decent wage- not too much to ask eh? What a weird world we live in now- without going into politics- you know what I want to say about people lining their pockets at the expense of the disadvantaged/front line services that need it.
    I used to be a lawyer - but I helped those who could not afford their fees- legal aid. I practised family law - so helping parents see their kids, trying to stop kids getting taken off of their parents by social services, I dealt with divorce- all sorts- but then the funding went and I was left wondering if I’ll have a job. I now work in retail- but it is less stressful. It was not fun being surrounded by bad situations.

Ooh you are off from Wednesday - have you got anything nice planned?

Xx

You were a legal aid lawyer? People like you are my heroes.

I think my husband and I will be seeing a film on Wednesday afternoon, then I'm hoping I'll be caught up on a couple of beading projects by then because I want to start work on a fairly fancy piece I'm planning for Hallowe'en and I'm running out of time

In my past life yes-and worked myself to the ground-part of the reason I am in this mess now.

Awww that sounds nice! What film will you see?

Feel like something is stuck in my throat today-so annoying-is that anxiety again? X

That's absolutely anxiety, yes - in the past I've had it for months at a time.

I think we'll be going to see Hustlers, the film about the exotic dancers who pulled off a Wall Street scam. One of our local cinemas has nothing but big comfy recliners for seats so it's always a treat.

Mrs M,

Nice to see you have a following on your thread now.

A lawyer! I could have done with you a while back during a messy divorce. Still, that's past and past should stay just there!

Yes, the throat thing is anxiety. x

Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    In my past life yes-and worked myself to the ground-part of the reason I am in this mess now.

Awww that sounds nice! What film will you see?

Feel like something is stuck in my throat today-so annoying-is that anxiety again? X
    I can relate to a career forcing you to go into something less stressful. I have burned out so many times In healthcare and one of my worst health anxiety issues came at one of the most stressful, overworked times in my career, looking back. I am finally able to take a break at the moment thanks to the love of my life. I think it was much needed mentally. I feel like when one is in a compassionate role and throws themselves into giving for everyone else we sometimes forget to stop and take care of ourselves as well.( I am sure blueiris can relate as well giving her profession). I am glad you have taken your break and I hope it helps you heal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    All the food sounds amazing - the peanut and carrot soup sounds lovely. Love mangoes too but yes don’t be remortgaging your house .

Scass, I have a 4 (nearly 5) yo too- how do you cope with them and the anxiety?? I am finding it hard as I have little interest in a lot so trying to be all positive and play with my son is hard. But we make ourselves do it eh?

Xxx
    I have little interest in playing too, but I’m not sure that’s the anxiety- I just really don’t like playing . I do try & get out the flat as much as possible, a change of scenery is so good. Also, she’s nearly 6 and a lot changes in that year. Has yours just started reception? I found that really tough x

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I have little interest in playing too, but I’m not sure that’s the anxiety- I just really don’t like playing . I do try & get out the flat as much as possible, a change of scenery is so good. Also, she’s nearly 6 and a lot changes in that year. Has yours just started reception? I found that really tough x
    yes I find the play so boring and then I feel guilty because he is playing on his own. Going outside is a good idea- I may do that more - otherwise my son tries to turn the tv on it play games on the mobile and I feel like that is letting him down- almost neglecting him. I can tell by writing this that I am so hard on myself.

i heard that going into year 1 is a shock for them- they go from playing and quite relaxed in reception to suddenly having lessons. How is she coping?

I am finding reception really tough. It’s strange as he was in pre-school last year 9-3 and so I thought the transition to school would be quite straightforward. How wrong was I? It doesn’t help that the teachers treat all adults as if they are possible paedophiles. It was raining one day and so I had to take my son into the main building - rather than them lining up- but I made the mistake of stepping into the building and I was told “can I come out please,” as if I was some kind of imposter. My son has found it hard going from quite a few teachers to only one teacher and a TA. He also has started school dinners and finds that tough as the staff make him eat it all. He comes home famished too. Also, they are already getting home work. He also has a teacher for PE- a male teacher (that shocked him) and he was quite strict-and now every morning he cries and says he does want to see Mr X at school. So yes it has been tough- sorry for the rant .

How is everyone today?

i has a bad sleep last night? Just kept waking up- the slightest noise wakes me or if I am too hot. I kept feeling the need to move too- and that scares me a bit as I worry I have that restless legs thing. I feel quite calm waking up though - here’s hoping xxx

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information