Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Re: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    Hi Mrs M - really glad to hear that you are finally seeing some improvement and are on the mend - fantastic news!
    Thank you Windywel- how are you doing? Xxxx

Sending you positive thoughts Mrs M

Aw thanks Carnation. Sending you positive thoughts too. I hope we can keep in touch when we recover. It’s made the journey much more bearable with someone like you around.

I started mindfulness yesterday. There is a really good app that I want to recommend if anyone wants to try mindfulness. It is called Mindfulness Association. If you try to do even just 5 mins a day for 8 weeks - the research shows that you can prevent a relapse. Anxiety/depression may come back again but you can employ this tool to prevent your adverse reaction to it. If you let it be there- it will stop the automatic negative trains of thought and enable you to step back and not be hooked on to the depression and anxiety as before. My therapist says it is physio for the mind xxxx

That's really helpful Mrs M
    Relapses are happening far too often for a lot of us and if there's something to help to prevent that, then it's a good thing.

Mrs M, I know how lonely you can get when going through this and sometimes the solitude of our pain and suffering is just as hard to deal with.
    It's that old saying, "nobody understands me" or what we are going through, but I do! x

Mrs M, could I ask, is the app free? Only I could really do with a good mindfulness app that doesn't come with an expensive subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Mrs M, could I ask, is the app free? Only I could really do with a good mindfulness app that doesn't come with an expensive subscription.
    It is free - I know all the bargains xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    That's really helpful Mrs M
    Relapses are happening far too often for a lot of us and if there's something to help to prevent that, then it's a good thing.

Mrs M, I know how lonely you can get when going through this and sometimes the solitude of our pain and suffering is just as hard to deal with.
    It's that old saying, "nobody understands me" or what we are going through, but I do! x

I think you have hit the nail on the head- it’s because you understood and I didn’t feel alone anymore - you made such a big difference - I will be forever grateful xxxx

Awww, Mrs M
    Sorry a bit late answering. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Awww, Mrs M
    Sorry a bit late answering. x
    not at all- have a great day xxx

Wishing you a good day Mrs M

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread Information