Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Re: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Me too Mrs M.
    Arrived yesterday, uninvited!
    Those unrealistic Christmas films help and I read today that they are good for your wellbeing.
    We're in this together Mrs M, no need to feel alone. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Me too Mrs M.
    Arrived yesterday, uninvited!
    Those unrealistic Christmas films help and I read today that they are good for your wellbeing.
    We're in this together Mrs M, no need to feel alone. x
    Aw Carnation, you always know what to say to make me feel better. We have had some good days though- so we know it’s temporary. It’s the same old rubbish thoughts though - what if it doesn’t go this time? Is this my life now? What if I am the one who has it the worst (when I think about lots of people recovering). It feels unfair too. Like why is? Why do we have to go through this? I envy so much the people who don’t have depression.

I have loads of house work to do and I just can’t even face it ��

im going to try the films like you said and keep doing the affirmations and soon enough - I will brain wash myself into being happy. Xxxx

So frustrated today. I slept fairly well which is good. Sleep seems to be much better now. But I awoke with heart palpitations. They did die down though. It just shows me that anxiety and depression is back again- after giving me a bit of a break.

I still feel the depression following me around. I feel like I want to run away from it- but when I get it- nothing takes it away - I struggle to do anything as all enjoyment has gone. Other people I speak to with depression say that can always find something they enjoy- but why can’t I? Maybe I won’t allow myself to enjoy something Unless it takes away the depression- which is impossible at this stage.

i keep telling myself that depression doesn’t last forever and try to keep hopeful. It’s just so exhausting.

My aim today is to feel the depression but carry on as normal. My counsellor tells me that it’s just like the weAther-you feelings are like the weather- you can’t control what they will be- but you can learn to cope with them. Xxx

I'm exactly the same Mrs M

The last few days I seem to have both demons returned.
    I was making good progress and now it feels like I'm also back at square one.
    It can be debilitating when you make good progress to find it all washed away in a day.
    I do like your therapists description to comparing it to the weather and tbh you can't really fight it otherwise you are putting yourself back in to the 'fight or flight' mode.
    Let it ride. I know its numb crushingly disappointing, but I know from previous downfalls that this is all part and parcel of recovery.
    Do nothing if that's what's needed. Housework and Christmas can be turned around in a day, what is more important is your wellbeing. Save your energy for your soul and your mind. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I'm exactly the same Mrs M

The last few days I seem to have both demons returned.
    I was making good progress and now it feels like I'm also back at square one.
    It can be debilitating when you make good progress to find it all washed away in a day.
    I do like your therapists description to comparing it to the weather and tbh you can't really fight it otherwise you are putting yourself back in to the 'fight or flight' mode.
    Let it ride. I know its numb crushingly disappointing, but I know from previous downfalls that this is all part and parcel of recovery.
    Do nothing if that's what's needed. Housework and Christmas can be turned around in a day, what is more important is your wellbeing. Save your energy for your soul and your mind. x
    Thank you Carnation. You always know the right things to say and give me so much hope. I am sorry to see you are going through it too- maybe it is the weather?

I hope you have a lovely day and I hope it lifts for you today. Sending you big hugs ��

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information