Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

Re: Is this really ‘just,’ anxiety??

That's a really good point, Joe. I don't necessarily walk first thing, but if the anxiety's kicking in hard in the mornings I sometimes dance off the energy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    That's a really good point, Joe. I don't necessarily walk first thing, but if the anxiety's kicking in hard in the mornings I sometimes dance off the energy.
    If you ever saw me dance, you'd understand why I don't.

I often walk in the mornings,been laid up so hoping too start walking over the weekend. I wish I could dance.

Thank you all of you - that is very helpful.

It’s good to know that is does get better with time.

Quinn1- sorry to hear you are laid up- what’s happened? X

Hi Mrsm
    Had my appendix removed,had the staples out today and feeling ok.X

Aw good to hear that it is nothing serious and you are making a quick recovery xxxx

Thank You xxx

Hi Mrs M
    I too am going through a 8 week bout of high anxiety and depression. I have actually been working more on the depression than the anxiety, because it's sort of related to anxiety. So I'm trying to kind to be myself. Plenty of rest, trying to do only things I enjoy or feel like doing, treating yourself, putting on music that makes you feel alive, watching my favourite films, having a cream cake, that sort of thing.
    I think one of the hardest issues when like this is the feeling of despair and feeling alone in your thoughts.
    But you are not Mrs M, far from it.
    Yeah, 8 weeks is a long time, I get impatient myself, but there's a good 8 years +, even 20, 30, 40 years that could be absolutely wonderful.
    This is about my 4th or 5th relapse and I should be getting use to them by now, but I don't and it's not pleasant, but I've done stuff in between in my better times and you will too Mrs M. I personally find its much easier not to fight it, adjust your routine slightly so you can chill more and maybe take up some hobby or distraction.
    When I initially had my breakdown I was good for nothing, couldn't make a meal, go out, see anyone. And I remember my first step outside sitting in the garden wrapped in a blanket thinking "Oh God, is this my life now"? Then one day I noticed this pretty little wild flower poking through the concrete and I thought, "that's me", I am like that flower, I am strong and want to live and feel the sun on my face ". And slowly instead of sitting in my comfort blanket I started to tend to the flowers in the garden and as time went on, I was growing them and veggies, always down the garden centre.
    What I am saying Mrs M, no matter how bad you feel or think you are, you will always notice a glimmer of life and hope. x

That is a lovely response Carnation

It is a lovely response- thank you Carnation.

I am sorry to hear you are going through it too and you are right - it doesn’t get easier the 4/5 th time -even though you would expect it too. I am pleased to hear that despite this bout you are still doing things you enjoy and finding pleasure from it.

This is probably my worst bout - I have always been able to function despite how I am feeling before - but this time I am struggling with even personal care and cooking etc.

But as you say- time heals
    Xxxx

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information