Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowel cancer/rectal cancer worry again

Re: Bowel cancer/rectal cancer worry again

Why do you say/know it isn't IBS?

You have had it for 10 months now so you would be quite ill if it was cancer.

ďDon't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.Ē - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by emmc View Post
    I still canít stop thinking itís something awful because this never used to be like this and I just canít worrying about the thought itís something awful
    Things arenít always going to be the same, as we age (even going from our teens to 20s) thereís a good amount of changes that happen to us. Even more so as we get older still. (Iím in my mid 20s myself) just because something is new doesnít mean itís bad.

Donít be too quick to discredit the thought of IBS or it being caused by stress, I mainly suffer constipation with IBS at the moment, and probably will for the next couple of months if my normal cycle continues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Well , I donít know 100 percent it isnít ibs and Iíve had no proper tests from the doctor yet but I just donít have any of the symptoms online I tried to be rational and say it was that but now Iím just really panicking as it doesnít seem to fit those symptoms especially the really thin stool. And I did try to tell myself it would of got way worse but forums online have people who didnít find out for years and that was obviously not helpful to look at as it just increased my fears even more.

I'm in a similar situation, 26 and panic every day I have rectal cancer due to pain with a bowel movement and for hours after. And also some blood on the outside of the stool. It's been like this for 4 months, developed 2 months after giving birth. Can't shift it. I'm not constipated, and have a bowel movement every other if not every day.

I went to the doctor and he said Iím way to young for rectal or bowel cancer and not to worry about that. He did do a exam and said it felt normal no narrowing and I have to do blood tests and a sample but Iím still really worried because what if heís wrong. Or what if the blood test shows something awful. Also how can you even tell thereís nothing there with no colonoscopy? Iíve really worked myself up about this and I thought going to the doctor would make it better but I just feel more worried now.

I know what it's like to be caught in this literal s**t storm. It's hell

I've been going through similar things for like, what, 15 months now? I'm no sicker in terms of health and everything than I was 15 months ago when all of this started... nothing has deteriorated, touch wood. Same with you. That should logically be enough evidence that we're alright but it never is... always more doubts, and I speak from experience.

What helped me just (try to) get on with things is not spending hours and hours on google. That's the worst, I stopped that a couple of months ago. Also recognize that you have HA, laugh at yourself. Well, not in a down beating way, just notice the obsessive traits by watching videos like these https://youtu.be/xRpXBEzc6QQ ... try and make light of it. That's what's helped me a lot especially in the past few days. Then when you experience a sensation or whatever and your mind jumps to "cancer!" you can stop yourself and recognize that it's HA, you know?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information