Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rough patch cervix?

Rough patch cervix?

Hi,
    I realise this is a bizarre thing to be checking. But I ended up fixated on it a while ago after checking for a tampon. I can feel like a small line, and it's rough / bumpy, on what I am pretty sure is my cervix. I asked my doctor about it when I first noticed. She said it's normal for the cervix to feel bumpy / rough. I was satisfied with that at the time. But I keep checking it and some days it feels more rough than others. I had two abnormal smears with HPV two years ago, my latest was normal. But I suppose I am still obsessed with the cervix. I'm overdue my latest smear and need to get booked in, but the waiting and letters is extreme for me, it sends me into anxiety overdrive and I am already struggling badly with my anxiety, don't think I could handle it at the moment. Does anyone know if rough bits are normal? I just don't want to Google and end up in a rabbit hole.
    Thanks x

Re: Rough patch cervix?

You are going to have to trust the doctor on this and they already said it was normal.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you, I should. Its just the idea that she didn't actually check is creeping in now. But she did say if there was a dodgy lump or growth it would bleed, and I don't have any abnormal bleeding. I have forgotten my techniques to stop constantly checking too. So annoying. I actually shake my head at myself whilst doing it, so ridiculous.

So much sympathy, LF87, checking myself internally is the HA behaviour I struggle hardest to keep in check.

It's so difficult isn't it Blueiris. For me it's just a constant nag until I do it. Breasts and cervix, so many times a day. I am seeing a psychologist now, she seems pretty good. I will be focusing on my ocd rituals before bedtime with her, she wanted me pick one focus for therapy. It is a separate problem checking locks and lights etc, but she says I can apply the techniques to stop checking to my health anxiety. So ready to get it kicked now!

I was fixated on my cervix a couple of months ago when I was checking for another reason and discovered a bump right at the opening. I was googling and kinda freaking out. I now realize, 2 cycles later it comes and goes so I figured it has to do with my cycle.

Hi Leslie. It's always there, the rough bit, but does seem to be more prominent before a cycle like you say. Still kind of worried about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by LF87 View Post
    Hi Leslie. It's always there, the rough bit, but does seem to be more prominent before a cycle like you say. Still kind of worried about it though.
    That is how this bump is. I guess I shouldn't have said comes and goes. It doesn't go completely away but becomes less prominent right after my period ends.

That sounds like what your cervix should feel like.

Thank Leslie, I do feel it changes too in relation to my cycle. Thanks ErinKC, I did read the cervix can feel a bit rough and that's normal but I don't know :( I went on a checking frenzy last night feeling it and it feels like a bumpy line and I'm freaking that it wasn't there before. Not a good day :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information