Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bathroom germs on my face!

Bathroom germs on my face!

My boyfriend just cleaned the whole bathroom without gloves and just used antibacterials wipes. He then, before washing his hands, came to give me a kiss and grabbed the sides of my face while he did. I'm so upset.

I'm so scared of flesh-eating bacteria at the minute that it's on my mind all the time. And I know you can get it from germs such as the ones you find in the bathroom (strep A, staph, etc.) I have an open spot on my face too and sore skin on my ears where he touched. I'm so so worried. I've washed my face but I'm worried that it's too late and the germs have got in. I've not been well for the last few days either and have a really bad cold, so my immune system isn't at it's best. I'm always so careful with germs. It was hours ago and I can't stop worrying.

I don't know what I'm hoping for but posting because what's done is done. Argh.

Re: Bathroom germs on my face!

You really can't get it like that and anyway he used wipes.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you (just accidentally deleted my reply then when I tried to edit a typo).

I know it's so unlikely but if the bacteria gets into an open cut or other wound then I think it can cause that. He would have still got bacteria on his hands while using the wipes. But maybe the wipes were killing the bacteria on his hands at the same time?

I'm sorry because I know how ridiculous this sounds. Worrying about flesh-eating bacteria is ruining my life at the minute. Right now I'm angry at my boyfriend for touching my face to give me a kiss, and it's not ok to upset with him for that (he should have washed his hands though). I can't actually not think about it.

And actually I've just thought - I bet my phone is really really germy and I hold that against my face. It's probably fine... Right?

We can't keep reassuring you - can you try and do that for yourself?

You know the answers deep down.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I am trying to do that for myself. But it's difficult, hence why I am a member of this forum.

Thankfully, we have immune systems for the impossibly unlikely scenario you're imagining.

Quote Originally Posted by HopeI'mWrong:P View Post
    I am trying to do that for myself. But it's difficult, hence why I am a member of this forum.
    Sorry if that sounded rude. Wasn't meant to but I just read it back and I think it did.

I appreciate you responding to my post. Sorry to be a pain.

Don't worry about it - no offense taken and it wasn't rude.

I am just trying to challenge your thoughts and beliefs and get you to do the same.

Update: I wasn't afraid anymore about this and went to sleep without worrying about it. However, I've genuinely woken up with sore skin inside my ear!!! I'm so scared. Not long after it happened I did grab a flannel and wipe around the sides of my face/ ears with it using antibacterial hand soap. Maybe that's irritated it? Or maybe I didn't dry my ears properly? But I keep making the connection between the germs and the soreness and I'm so so worried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information