Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive panic....Again Tefal pans

Re: Massive panic....Again Tefal pans

Oh netmums LOL THAT PLACE ! I swear it is designed to make everybody paranoid and obsessive. Those will be the same Mums talking about their wooden hand wittled ceramic-coated cookware, cleaning products made from extract of mole poo and general avoidance of the current in vogue threat, who are also making their children into jibbering wrecks. They probably also disinfect the bottoms of shoes and only make sandwiches from home-baked bread made with Outter Hebridean hand milled organic double dose whole wheat flour. Look, you can only do what you can do and base it on information you have at the time, and I think there will be a massive proportion of the population who know nothing at all about the 2015 report on this chemical and will be doing nothing about it, so you are 'possibly' one step ahead. I say 'possibly' as the chances seem incredibly high that your Tefal pans are made with the safe chemical.
    Last edited by Carys; 19-10-19 at 16:20.

Well that’s made me laugh for the first time in a long time, extract of mole poo. Thank you.

If I could give Carys's post about Mumsnet a "like", I would

Well, I'm pleased it has made you both smile - I do hope I've not offended anybody who uses Mumsnet and isn't like that. I just think that most parents are doing the best they can and to be made to feel inferior, useless and guilty shouldn't be part of the deal on a parenting website. I also believe that what some people spout off that they do/use may not be a reflection of reality, and the perfection they want others to believe they exhibit ....is probably far from it.

Thank you, has made me feel a bit better.

Carys, I love your description of Mumsnet. So accurate!

Vix, I would not worry about the pans. Being only five years old, they would have been PTFE and fine. Just get some new ones, as you deserve some cookware that isn't worn out. I got a new electric skillet, and it makes cleanup so easy.

Add me to the amused by Carys review of netmums crowd From what I've seen on other forums they get absolutely ridiculed for being so bonkers about everything. The feminism board is rabid from what I've seen.

I think the message here is not look on mumsnet!

I think that is an important conclusion to draw from it - yes. Before you jump to thinking that you are 'different to everyone else/have done something incredibly wrong/have poisoned your entire family' at least base your conclusion on a normal cross section of the population rather than a biased group.

Whenever I worry about something like this I think back to my mom telling me that when she was a kid she and her friends would ride their bikes behind the DDT mosquito repellent trucks because the chemicals smelled good. If you look hard enough you can find a way for anything to kill you. The key is to just stop looking!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information