Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive panic....Again Tefal pans

Massive panic....Again Tefal pans

Only posted a couple of weeks ago. In my cycle of finding things I’m going to die of I’m now in a mess about non stick pans. I got mine from groupon about 5 years ago and are now scratched, they have been scratched for at least a couple of years and now I cant think of anything other than I’ve now poisoned my family because I shouldn’t have been using them and chemicals have leached into our food and I’ve given us all cancer. I’ve put them in he bin now but I’m petrified of the damage I’ve already done and how utterly stupid I’ve been.

Re: Massive panic....Again Tefal pans

I’ve had to message the Samaritans I’m in a mess

I used to be the same with all my pots and pans,I used to scrub them over and over again,never had non stick because of chemicals,just one aspect of my ocd the list goes on,but have had very extensive therapy to get too where I am at.
    You will Not die.Are you getting help,re Therapy?

I’ve had cbt twice, didn’t work. Counselling and a mental health nurse. I’ve been waiting since April to see someone but no one has got back to me yet.

Since April? That is a long time,can you chase it up or is it your NHS.
    You are going to be OK,do some belly breathing and focus on something that you enjoy.

I’ve been to the doc, she says she’d get in touch with them to see what’s going on but that was nearly a month ago.

Never heard of this so looked it up and it says it is pretty rare and you would have to be heating the pan to over 260 degrees centigrade for any harmful toxins to be released anyway.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I looked online and it seems no one uses them, like I’ve been using some foreign object that no one uses and I’ve hurt the ones I live by doing so, the word toxic is thrown round everywhere.

Loads of people use them, they are on sale everywhere and 70 percent of the population own one or more Tefal coated pans. There was a 2015 report about the substance PFOA that started all the concern (I looked it up too) about possible cancer-links from long-term use, but subsequent reports say that it is too early to draw links and far more testing needs to be done over time to draw conclusions although it is advised not use products using this chemical. I've also seen some people say that those same toxins are present in far higher proportions in other parts of the environment (carpets, curtains and other products), and the coated pans are the smallest proportion of a human's intake of the PFOA. Now, Tefal themselves don't use PFOA and haven't for a decade, they instead use PTFE, which is deemed harmless. So, firstly, are you absolutely sure what your pans are coated with in chemical terms ? It could, and most likely is the harmless substance if you've had them for 5 years. Also, even IF it was the PFOA used then things aren't yet proved conclusively. There are many of us here who will remember the Aluminium pan scare many years ago, where we were told it was linked to Alzheimers, which has since been dispproved. So, basically, you've done the right thing, binned them, and now move on. Tefal themselves (yes, I know they ahve a vested interest) describe all the health issues on this link...

https://www.tefal.com/cookware-commitments

Massive panic....Again Tefal pans

Thank you, I went on netmums and mumsnet and everyone uses ridiculously expensive pans and they all seem to use eco friendly cleaning products and don’t put their children in school trousers that are Teflon coated. I feel like I’ve done everything wrong especially buying from groupon too in fear of things being fake but they say they recall things if they are. I’ve researched the supplier they got them from and they’ve been going 25 years.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information