Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Massive panic....Again Tefal pans

Re: Massive panic....Again Tefal pans

As Carys predicted, I don’t want to be at my parents now. My dad and my partners dad we’re having a discussion about artex then my dad said ‘oh yes it’s horrible, it was on our chimney breast so I sanded it then plaster boarded it’ - brilliant. And I thought my dad was sensible. He’s careful with everything. I assume this was done when I was small. I can’t believe this now completely convinced I’m going to get lung cancer now. I’m in a proper panic now. I want to run away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already mentioned I had an artex ceiling ripped down a while ago. The ceiling is separated with a beam. To make both sides match, the builders scraped the artex off the other side and plastered over it. I'm sure this is not unusual given how many houses contain artex. Are you getting any help with your anxiety at the moment?

Just antidepressants, still waiting for counselling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Carys predicted, I don’t want to be at my parents now.
    I'm afraid thats the way it goes Vix, because the problem isn't in your surroundings, but in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by vix118 View Post
    Just antidepressants, still waiting for counselling
    While you're waiting, what about trying the free CBT workbooks on this site? (Here)

Good idea Swan.

Vix, the more you keep running the smaller your world will get and the larger the fears will become. Today your parents house, tomorrow the next place you 'escape' to. You can't escape your false thoughts about the contamination, they are in your head, so wherever you go they will be with you to rear up again. You could indeed try some self-help whilst waiting for the therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Good idea Swan.

Vix, the more you keep running the smaller your world will get and the larger the fears will become. Today your parents house, tomorrow the next place you 'escape' to. You can't escape your false thoughts about the contamination, they are in your head, so wherever you go they will be with you to rear up again. You could indeed try some self-help whilst waiting for the therapist.
    Exactly this. It always comes down to exposure methods to get beyond these. Your world keeps shrinking otherwise and anxiety will find other fears to use against you and try the same pattern.

When I had my breakdown initially it was in a large open plan office. Within hours or back & forth to the toilets to escape (thinking I was going to lose control of my bowels or stomach) I was getting further from the internal doors, then the external ones. Weeks later it was supermarkets. Months later it was leaving the house.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread Information