Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Massive panic....Again Tefal pans

Re: Massive panic....Again Tefal pans

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    Whenever I worry about something like this I think back to my mom telling me that when she was a kid she and her friends would ride their bikes behind the DDT mosquito repellent trucks because the chemicals smelled good.
    I remember doing that!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I use tefal pans, I’ve even got some pans where the non stick bit is a bit chipped. Now I’m going to have to throw them away .

I did buy some lovely ceramic ones recently that can’t chip. I got them in the sale, because who can afford to spend their precious part time wages on expensive pans.

I’m sorry you got in a state, I’m glad you messaged the Samaritans though. My sister volunteers there, it’s a wonderful organisation.

Sometimes when I’m feeling really bored I go and see what’s trending at mumsnet, it can really cheer you up

Fantastic words Erin and a quote I'm going to repeat here...

'If you look hard enough you can find a way for anything to kill you'. It is SO true, ANYTHING.

Thank you everyone, I’m still worried and always will worry about something as that’s just the person I am! It’ll be something different next week. I have just written a list to try snap me out of it. I think back to my dads younger years, both of his parents smoked in the house. I remember I time he told me that at school the teacher let them chase a ball of mercury around the table. He was in quite a good band so spent night after night for years - breathing in secondhand smoke in clubs, smoking a pipe and copious amounts of alcohol, he was a roofer for years- lots of sunlight ( no sun cream, it wasn’t in fashion in the 70’s) he worked shifts for 19 years in a glass factory and apparently silica is bad that makes glass and vinyl that goes in between glass that’s not great. He was a mechanic- breathing in fumes and his hobby is woodwork- breathing in wood dust. He’s now 76 , runs round after my son like a teenager and fitter and healthier than I am. And still I’m worrying about sodding pans.

Quote Originally Posted by vix118 View Post
    Thank you everyone, I’m still worried and always will worry about something as that’s just the person I am! It’ll be something different next week. I have just written a list to try snap me out of it. I think back to my dads younger years, both of his parents smoked in the house. I remember I time he told me that at school the teacher let them chase a ball of mercury around the table. He was in quite a good band so spent night after night for years - breathing in secondhand smoke in clubs, smoking a pipe and copious amounts of alcohol, he was a roofer for years- lots of sunlight ( no sun cream, it wasn’t in fashion in the 70’s) he worked shifts for 19 years in a glass factory and apparently silica is bad that makes glass and vinyl that goes in between glass that’s not great. He was a mechanic- breathing in fumes and his hobby is woodwork- breathing in wood dust. He’s now 76 , runs round after my son like a teenager and fitter and healthier than I am. And still I’m worrying about sodding pans.
    Well doesn’t that just say it all! Love your reasoning.
    Perhaps we should just stop cooking altogether. That’ll teach Tefal a lesson x

Yes I remember when I had my daughter you could smoke in the room,your dad sounds like a real cool dude.

He certainly is. Can’t believe I’m still in a panic over this. So frightened I’ve given my family cancer.

Look vix, you need to go back over the thread and read it again. The points are all there to counteract your fears on this; the fact that nothing is proved, the fact that your pans were no doubt fine anyway as they were modern, the fact that there would be government warnings if there was a threat, the fact that most households in the UK are probably similar...etc

It’s ridiculous, I’m an intelligent woman, I have a full time job and my own business I’m not daft I can’t believe I’m letting stuff like this eat me up. I’ve had to nip home from work at dinner to take a diazepam. Got a letter from my docs in the post, just telling me to contact my local mental health service for cbt even though I’ve had it twice before and it was utterly pointless.

Intelligence has nothing to do with this vix, unfortunately.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information