Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitchs for 27 months. scared als! :-(

Twitchs for 27 months. scared als! :-(

Hi, I'm here because I was chased from the forum als, I have twitchs for 27 months all over the body with 24/7 on the calves and feet. I'm too scared to have als. Twitchs do not stop even for a day. they are worse at night and waking up. they are in popcorn mode all over the body. too scared of the als. I did not have any emg. What do you think ? I am 36 years old

Re: Twitchs for 27 months. scared als! :-(

Why were you chased from the ALS forums? Because they knew you didn't have it?

I assume you have anxiety hence ending up here?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

they told me that the twitchs were benin but nothing else. I am looking for other opinions

So could be anxiety related then.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

are twitchs a symptom of anxiety? even after 27 months?

Yes, it is called BFS., Benign fasciculation syndrom.

Btw, I know you have anxiety, but also think about other people. It is not okay to bother people on ALS forum. These people are seriously ill and you are perfectly fine other than HA and some fasciculations which sre normal.

So, I would assume that you have seen a doctor and they have said there are no reasons to think this is anything other than anxiety. Benign twitches for 27 months can most definitely be anxiety related and theres a lot of it about here! You were chased from the ALS forum as they known darned well, with absolute conviction, that you don't have ALS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo84 View Post
    Yes, it is called BFS., Benign fasciculation syndrom.

Btw, I know you have anxiety, but also think about other people. It is not okay to bother people on ALS forum. These people are seriously ill and you are perfectly fine other than HA and some fasciculations which sre normal.
    yes I know and I'm sorry :-( I read everywhere that it's a symptom of the als, I'm so scared 27 months twitchs and they do not stop, I had these twitchs in reading on the als.

If you had ALS, after over 2 years with twitching you would be definitely in a wheelchair with a slow or fast progressing form. Its isn't ALS. You can search on this forum for ALS (or MND as we call it here in the UK) and search for twitching and you will find lots and lots to keep you going for hours. Oh, and Hypo is right, it is very uncool (an understatement) to be bothering diagnosed people on a forum for this condition.

I read everywhere that it takes an emg to exclude the als and my neurologist does not give it to me. I just had a clinical strength test. is it possible to have 27 months of twitching and be it benin?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information