Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Twitchs for 27 months. scared als! :-(

Re: Twitchs for 27 months. scared als! :-(

You are so welcome, glad to make a difference. I see people getting so worked up about twitches (which I have myself incidentally and have the last few years, but related to hormonal changes) and it actually bemuses me a bit. I think people just read the word 'twitches' and because they haven't seen or (thankfully!) experienced MND/ALS type twitches they think they are a similar thing. Its just the word 'twitch' they latch onto, but twitching can manifest in so many different ways. If you have neurons failing in say your left foot, the muscles get fatigued and have to work harder and don't respond as they should to the movements you want to happen, and then some twitching is possible in that area. However, you would also have other symptoms, like poor function of that foot, tripping and so on. Honestly, you are over this, anyone who can go to the gym 4 times a week.........honestly. IN even a slow progressing rare form of MND you would be having functional problems, in a fast progressing form you'd be in a wheelchair by now.

That makes total sense that’s for detailing it for me- you are so right it’s just the Twitch people latch onto, and I have myself been a total Victim of that,

I’m a 29 year old girl who is not living my life the way I should be because of this it’s depressing.

I too have a lot of hormonal imbalances and also vitamin issues, I think this totally attributes to my terrible anxiety also!

I too have a lot of hormonal imbalances and also vitamin issues, I think this totally attributes to my terrible anxiety also!
    Absolutely to both ! I never had twitches until I had imbalanced hormones in these last few years (heading to meno) and I only returned here with anxiety that was going along with those hormone changes. So, even though you are younger, you could be having the same symptoms as myself if things are up the spout. For want of a better term. Luckily, in my case, the symptoms I have are detailed as part of 'the change' but if you are younger and have imbalances I can see it would be more confusing and hard to pinpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Absolutely to both ! I never had twitches until I had imbalanced hormones in these last few years (heading to meno) and I only returned here with anxiety that was going along with those hormone changes. So, even though you are younger, you could be having the same symptoms as myself if things are up the spout. For want of a better term. Luckily, in my case, the symptoms I have are detailed as part of 'the change' but if you are younger and have imbalances I can see it would be more confusing and hard to pinpoint.
    Yeah absolutely! I think I may go get it checked out again , I have avoided the doctor for 10 months lol never a fan of going down but I think after my meltdown tonight I’ve realised I need to address this anxiety, thanks again for your help carys - maybe next year I can look back on this and wonder why I was getting so worked up about this dreaded illness . X

GOod plan, let me know how you get on (message if you like). You will look back on this, of course, that goes without saying.....and learn from it....

I will definitely let you know thank you!!

it is interesting to listen to it. I am depressed, my calves and feet twitch non stop yet I can walk km. I also have random twitchs all over the body for 27 months. I also tingling, burning sensation, electric discharge all over the body. I also have unique hiccups quite often and that for 27 months. I'm on my phone all day watching things on these symptoms. I'm going crazy.
    do you think this can only be related to anxiety? I have always been hypochondriac but that's worse I think constantly to als because of these symptoms that last for 27 months.

do you think this can only be related to anxiety?
    Yup, I have no doubt. The sooner you stop spending all your time searching for symptoms and start focusing on something else.....the quicker it will resolve.

hope it is not rude to post symptoms here im so sorry but ive been having similar twitch in my right leg, wrist and palm and also on the left side of my neck/shoulder region. i was wondering if it could be sciatica like my dad's but not sure : (

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information