Thread: Dizzy weird feeling

Dizzy weird feeling

Hi I have been experiencing panic attacks and anxiety for about a year on and off, I started on sertraline 4 weeks ago( 2.5 weeks at 25mg and 1.5 weeks at 50mg) so far. I thought I was through three side effects as I felt ok and the nausea etc had subsided and in the first few weeks I had some bad panic attacks they had calmed down. However the last two days on the afternoon I have been experiencing some feelings that i haven't had before and I dont know if I need to go to the hospital. It's like a feeling in my stomach that shoots through me for a split second and makes me feel dizzy. Then it happens again.... but by then im really worried about it so know I might be adding fuel to the fire. I've just never had these feelings out of the blue before both days I was just sitting there on the couch when it happened. I'm terrified it could be signs of a stroke or that im about to die. Its It's so scary and im not sure how best to deal with it. Any ideas?

Re: Dizzy weird feeling

is definitely nothing bad
    maybe go to a&e and have blood tests if you're worried it is stroke but only for ur peace of mind
    i know it can be worrying cuz of the correlation of symptoms but this can easily happen with anxiety

Is it kind of like that feeling when you're in a lift and it stops?

I used to get this all the time when my anxiety was at it's worst. Of course I convinced myself it was something terrible. This was 4 years or so ago. Nothing came of it and I haven't felt it for a long time.

Hi yes it's a bit like that. It's like my brain shifts for a second. It's horrible and then sets off the alarm bells and panic systems in my body. Am just so sick of feeling rubbish. Thanks for replying

Quote Originally Posted by mocata View Post
    is definitely nothing bad
    maybe go to a&e and have blood tests if you're worried it is stroke but only for ur peace of mind
    i know it can be worrying cuz of the correlation of symptoms but this can easily happen with anxiety
    Thanks hot your advice

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    Hi yes it's a bit like that. It's like my brain shifts for a second. It's horrible and then sets off the alarm bells and panic systems in my body. Am just so sick of feeling rubbish. Thanks for replying
    I have had all kinds of things like you’re describing over the years. There was a period where it felt like the ground was moving under me as I walked, split second flashes where it felt like I was about to pass out, that “lift” feeling, being jolted awake as I was drifting off to sleep, and many more.

I could never accept that it was just anxiety back then, but it really was.

I always err on the side of caution, so if it is bothering you I would see a doctor to put your mind at ease and be on the safe side, but it sounds like boring old anxiety to me.

Thread Information