Thread: Hello All! New Lady here!

Hello All! New Lady here!

Hi Everyone,
    I am new here.
    I have used No more Panic resources multiple times over the years but not as frequently as I would like to admit. Having returned here I have discovered this forum and I think that this is fantastic. I suffer severe panic attacks which have come to a head in the last 6 weeks, this is now rendering debilitating. My obsession with death/dying and fears surrounding this are making this really hard for me. I'm not sleeping, i've needed ambulances and phone calls multiple times to calm me down. The problem is i am never fully calm and now every time i feel my heart go faster i experience thoughts of fears of what might happen to me.

I know i've offloaded alot in the new introduction section but i am hoping to connect and meet other who experience same/or similar encounter as me.

I like to listen and share advice with others as there are other things in my life i have overcome and hope this is just a phase i will soon also be stronger for.
    Best,
    Phoenixess

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Phoenixess and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello All! New Lady here!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new here.
    I have used No more Panic resources multiple times over the years but not as frequently as I would like to admit. Having returned here I have discovered this forum and I think that this is fantastic. I suffer severe panic attacks which have come to a head in the last 6 weeks, this is now rendering debilitating. My obsession with death/dying and fears surrounding this are making this really hard for me. I'm not sleeping, i've needed ambulances and phone calls multiple times to calm me down. The problem is i am never fully calm and now every time i feel my heart go faster i experience thoughts of fears of what might happen to me.

I know i've offloaded alot in the new introduction section but i am hoping to connect and meet other who experience same/or similar encounter as me.

I like to listen and share advice with others as there are other things in my life i have overcome and hope this is just a phase i will soon also be stronger for.
    Best,
    Phoenixess
    Hi Phoenixess! I hate to hear that you are having these fears...I haven’t been on this forum long but I quickly figured that there are lots of compassionate and helpful folks here and I am sure they will reach out to you like they did me. Good luck in feeling better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your kind message, its nice to know others are out there to listen when sometimes you can feel so alone within ones mind of fears.

I hope your find some solace here also.
    Best.
    PH

Hello!
    I think the nature of mental illness is to make you feel alone but you most certainly are not!
    Glad you've discovered the forums, i found them hugely helpful when I was really struggling to cope and my anxiety was at an all time high. When it comes to never calming down I've found the deep breathing the most helpful, but it took me a while to get used to it

Thread Information