Thread: Bowels are freaking me out

Bowels are freaking me out

Hello all. I’ve dealt with health anxiety all year and have gotten under control the past few months, which I’ve been really proud of. Unfortunately I feel like I’m on the verge of a freak out again. The past few days I’ve been having feelings of incomplete evacuations, thin stool and restricted passing gas. I’m so nervous about this since obviously these are symptoms of some sinister things. In addition to this I’ve been having the weird feeling everytime I feel like I’m about to have to use the bathroom my butt gets all tingly which really freaks me out. Has anyone ever experience this?? So weird.

Re: Bowels are freaking me out

It sounds a lot like anxiety! I had the same symptoms at the start of the year and I thought I had a rectal blockage but I didn't

But if you're concerned, go and see your doctor, just to hear it from a professional

Quote Originally Posted by ka123 View Post
    Hello all. I’ve dealt with health anxiety all year and have gotten under control the past few months, which I’ve been really proud of. Unfortunately I feel like I’m on the verge of a freak out again. The past few days I’ve been having feelings of incomplete evacuations, thin stool and restricted passing gas. I’m so nervous about this since obviously these are symptoms of some sinister things. In addition to this I’ve been having the weird feeling everytime I feel like I’m about to have to use the bathroom my butt gets all tingly which really freaks me out. Has anyone ever experience this?? So weird.
    I'm going through the exact same thing now for the past 6 weeks. My doctor isn't at all concerned, saying it's a tight muscle due to being anxious.

It makes a lot of sense but the irrationality of HA makes me disbelieve her and think it's something way more sinister. It sucks :(

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    It sounds a lot like anxiety! I had the same symptoms at the start of the year and I thought I had a rectal blockage but I didn't

But if you're concerned, go and see your doctor, just to hear it from a professional

Crikey

Thread Information