Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice needed

Re: Advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by TRISTAN View Post
    Why are mornings
    Some find anxiety worse in the mornings, others, e.g. me, have it peaking in the evenings. Maybe we need to find a way of melding our minds, ala Mr Spock, Tristan.

and life so fing hard
    My observation is the fickle fingers of fate leave few lives totally untouched by hard times. The survival trick is to focus on where you want to be, not where you are in the moment. Keep reminding yourself that this too will pass.

Life is not meant to be easy, my child; but take courage: it can be delightful.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw

So fays get slightly better but mornings still hell , might ask to go up again to 45

So fays get slightly better but mornings still hell , might ask to go up again to 45
    Up to you, but as I understand it you've only been on 30mg for a week which is nowhere near long enough to draw any conclusions about its likely effectiveness.

Back in the shit and scared again !!!

Get back to your GP and ask for something to tied you over until mirtazapine becomes effective, Tristan.

Get back to your GP and ask for something to tied you over until mirtazapine becomes effective, Tristan.

Just been put up to 45 ,

3 weeks at 45 and not doing well at all doctor has told me it takes 4 /6 weeks to reach Therapeutic affects ?????

3 weeks at 45 and not doing well at all doctor has told me it takes 4 /6 weeks to reach Therapeutic affects ?????
    Your doctor is correct, Tristan. It may even take a little longer than 4-6 weeks. ADs are not instant meds such as say aspirin.

I know it’s hard waiting but you really need to give it more time. I’ve started to realise looking back that I’ve never gone more than 4/5 weeks before increasing/adding anything so not giving the meds enough time to settle down which could be why this episode has been going on for so long.

I’m currently 4 weeks and 4 days into an increase to maximum dose of 375mg ven and still feeling like shit with the occasional ok-ish day but I’m determined to wait it out until at least the 6 week mark. Seeing the psychiatrist on 2nd March and won’t be surprised if she suggests increasing my mirtazapine to 45mg or quetiapine to 300mg next (although she was keen to get me off these last time)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information