Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
I took it off the ALS support forum. It's sad to see all the posts from anxiety sufferers. The admins and members are incredibly kind and brave but they definitely know an anxiety sufferer when they see one and ban posters frequently. Many return under different names and are repeatedly banned. It's very sad to say that some of those posters are members here :(

I saw the same thing on the cancer forums I was part of and that's how I ended up coming here. Stuck around to try and help. It strikes a nerve with me just due to the level of disrespect shown after repeated reassurance and kindness and shows just how selfish HA can be. You're right Sixpack, anxiety lies on many levels.

Positive thoughts

Yes I knew you had gotten this from an ALS forum. It is pretty darned sad that an ALS forum has so many people erroneously believing they have it coming there, that there is such a STICKY posted on the site. It should be a GIANT wake up call to those going on the forum seeking reassurance about a disease they do not have. Sad thing is--as good as the thread is--it will not dissuade most of those folks from the ALS fantasy