Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: ALS and why you DON'T have it!

Re: ALS and why you DON'T have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Expresso... None of us are medical experts but what you stated about pain goes against what ALS is and does. If you read the post, ALS is about failing, not feeling. I don't doubt there's something going on but let a neuro determine that.

Positive thoughts
    Fishman. Thank you again fur answering.
    I went to my GP yesterday and he said that my left leg was not wasting but my right leg was swollen .[edema) so I felt pretty good but he said to see a vascular dr to get measured for some compression Sox. And the dr also said I had NO EDEMA IN RIGHT LEG AND HE DIDN'T KNIW WHY MY LEFT LEG WAS SKINNIER. so now I don't know who to believe n my stress level is as high as ever. Along with ankle pain n hand pain.
    So dam frustrated n scared I have this..

Just want to say I am so very thankful for this post and the information contained in it. I am currently back in the rabbit hole due to swallowing issues which started on sertraline 3 years ago (which I went on due to a previous ALS spiral!!). I came off them a few months ago and the swallowing issue didn't go away so must be anxiety/tension related but of course I've spent the last month spiralling over it and I'm the worst I've been anxiety wise. Of course the stress of it all has me second guessing my speech, foot scuffs, muscle twitching all over, and feeling tension which mimics weakness in the right side of my body - all of which I had 3 years ago too.

I've been back on sertraline a week tomorrow and i think it is starting to work as I've read this post today again re: the swallowing issues and it's actually helped to reassure me massively. I did read it a few weeks ago but I was in such an awful place it was hard for me to actually process what I was reading. As it's an issue that comes and goes (and the fact I've had it at least 3 years) I'm going to assume I'm going to be alright.

I’ve been going through ALS anxiety - so much crying, so much. I’m a 42 year old male in Canada. This all started with twitching, which lead to googling, which lead to becoming an “expert” on ALS, which lead to more twitching…. I have seen numerous Dr.’s have received an EMG and seen two neurologists, everything was fine. Now I’m
    Terrified of Bulbar symptoms, as the EMG was done on my limbs. I’ve now learned that many people with this anxiety eventually fear bulbar, after receiving an all clear on limbs. Regardless the fear is extreme and real, I’m seeing a psychologist, just started, and I’m
    Hoping this helps. Should I bother with yet another trip to the neurologist? They’ve said everything is ok, but I hadn’t discussed the bulbar “symptoms”. Anxiety is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by davideanne View Post
    I’ve been going through ALS anxiety - so much crying, so much. I’m a 42 year old male in Canada. This all started with twitching, which lead to googling, which lead to becoming an “expert” on ALS, which lead to more twitching…. I have seen numerous Dr.’s have received an EMG and seen two neurologists, everything was fine. Now I’m
    Terrified of Bulbar symptoms, as the EMG was done on my limbs. I’ve now learned that many people with this anxiety eventually fear bulbar, after receiving an all clear on limbs. Regardless the fear is extreme and real, I’m seeing a psychologist, just started, and I’m
    Hoping this helps. Should I bother with yet another trip to the neurologist? They’ve said everything is ok, but I hadn’t discussed the bulbar “symptoms”. Anxiety is a nightmare.
    Same boat. Anxiety is the number one route to self destruction. I've had a constant twitch in my upper arm now for weeks. It has subsided and as good as disappeared for the odd hour here and there but always returns.
    I'm lying here having been awake all night stressed out because the twiching woke me up.
    I'm wanting to believe that when the stress and anxiety goes the twttch will go.
    The problem you've made is moving the goalposts to suit your fears. Not a criticism because I do EXACTLY THE SAME THING. 😳

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information