Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ALS and why you DON'T have it!

Re: ALS and why you DON'T have it!

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    I have never been afraid of having ALS and probably never will.
    But it is interesting that many fear they have it because of twitching. Could it be that these twitches are part of a panic attack? I shiver a lot when I have panic atacks and I have had those for 20 years.
    No. They are not part of a panic attack and they are nothing like shivering

Quote Originally Posted by melfish View Post
    OK? But I get muscle spasms when I have panic attacks.

That is true. But they are dead common. Everybody gets them but most people hardly notice and never worry (I have it on good authority)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    That is true. But they are dead common. Everybody gets them but most people hardly notice and never worry (I have it on good authority)
    Yep!

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    OK? But I get muscle spasms when I have panic attacks.
    What's that got to do with the price of fish? You said you don't fear ALS and obviously don't have twitching, so your dismissive comments aren't really helpful to those in the throes of this

What's that got to do with the price of fish?
    Frankly everything. Twitches, spasms and a plethora of other physical symptoms are common in stress biology. If you go back and read the first post I made on this thread, that alone is enough to dismiss your fears, especially taking into consideration the amount of time that has passed since the symptoms manifested themselves.

I know first hand how stress affects one physically. Between my real illnesses and dealing with what happened to my wife, I had a laundry list of stress related physical symptoms including twitching. Thing is, I don't suffer with HA and I knew exactly what was causing it. As things calmed down, so did the physical reaction to them.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yep!

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

What's that got to do with the price of fish? You said you don't fear ALS and obviously don't have twitching, so your dismissive comments aren't really helpful to those in the throes of this
    OK, sorry. It was a language misunderstanding though. I thought "twitches" was the same as spasms or shiverings. My bad. I am not a native English speaker.

edit: I really dont understand the big difference between twitches and spasms. It has to do with muscles being stressed anyway.

Read this, people. I think she might be related to you, Mel

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-1623649.html

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Read this, people. I think she might be related to you, Mel

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-1623649.html
    I AM CATHERINE !!

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

It's posts like this that really make me love this forum. Thank you for the link! Xx

Hi,
    This is kind of helping me with my anxiety. So thanks for that. I just need to think 38 is unlikely to get ALS without muscle weakness and twitching in lots of places makes it even less so. Doc said my reflexes were super normal although a few days before my friends kept saying your twitchy but I was super stressed and ill.

I just don't get this burning pain I am getting on the muscles. I had terrible flu 4 weeks ago wonder if I am still recovering from that.

Thanks anyway.

Mike

The Als / mnd rabbit hole is a nightmare! , I’m sure that many people will get reassurance from this post that will help , unfortunately though for many people suffering from health anxiety who fear this disease , no amount of medical reassurance works ( and this was certainly me ! ) I spent a year of my life scouring medical info , reading literally every post on the BFS site , trips to doctors , a neurologist and this didn’t help me , the anxiety makes you twist facts/ reality and not process information in he same way that someone without extreme anxiety would . I could have seen the biggest expert in the field and I know I would have come away reassured at first then the doubts would have started , words they had spoken twisted etc . I remember on my neurologist report it read there are no signs of MND , I twisted this into a negative -“ there are no signs yet etc !!”
    For those of you not to deep in it , medical info / reassurance I’m sure will
    Help , but those deep in it with health anxiety my advice would be try and break the reassurance cycle and focus on tacking the health anxiety , very very hard but doable!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information