Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

I experience the heavy legs and arms and I also think I have MS.

But to be honest your symptoms don’t really sound like MS. Do you have tingling, numbness, loss of balance or blurry/double vision?

No, i've never had vision issues, however my balance feels odd when i'm walking as if i'm swaying at times but i never actually am, and i've never fallen or tripped due to it. thats what makes me think i'm just worrying myself crazy. I've got a numb spot in my hand (due to surgery), and i've never had that sensation anywhere else in my body so i presume i havent experienced numbness...the sensations i feel are so difficult to describe, my arm almost feels as though it is constantly dead or uncomfortable - if that makes any sense. I also constantly feel ungrounded, almost floaty, not so much dizzy but as if my body is floating.

Hi all,
    New to this site and it was definitely helpful to read that I'm not the only one that manifests symptoms. For a year now I have noticed that my hands shake pretty consistently. Nothing to impair my normal daily activities but just a very fine tremor. Never noticed this prior to developing HA so am just wondering if anyone else gets this, as its one of the things I googled before I realized that googling is never a great idea, and it led me to MS/ALS. Could also be a side effect of the anxiety, as my doctor said that when we are anxious all the time, adrenaline just seeps into our system and can cause lots of symptoms that we don't normally get when we're not anxious all the time.

I'm so glad I found this thread I haven't used this site for about 7 years now when I thought my IBS was bowel cancer. 2 and a half years ago I thought I had blood cancer. Now in the last 2 weeks I convinced myself I have ALS. It started with a sore neck in the morning, worked out the night before and have poor posture at work with desk job so it makes sense that this is the cause but the numbing feeling in my arms got me scared. Again I googled symptoms because recently a professional footballer has been diagnosed with MND. I had a lot of the symptoms. Muscle twitching, cramps, weak arms, tiredness. Then I became especially conscious of my throat and assumed something was wrong. I went to the doctor yesterday and she did a physical examination: checking sensations, muscle wastage, reflexes etc and said she had no issues and did not think I needed referring. As the original poster said I was so relieved. Then BAM today right shoulder is sore again, weak right hand. I felt like I pulled a muscle in my face and then this started twitching. 1 month ago I wouldn't have cared about any of this but now I'm in this anxiety zone every feeling and twinge is heightened to a ridiculous level. I'm 31 and no this disease is rare and even rarer for someone my age but even though there are logical explanations for all of my ailments, which are heightened further by the anxiety, the 'what if' factor is so hard to drown out. I feel really good for reading this post and I'm glad I'm not alone, it has offered me some comfort.

Hi everyone,
    So been a long time health anxiety sufferer. I do plan on going for CBT, however the wait list in my area is quite long. But I feel like it’s a step in the right direction.
    Ive been recently worried about MS. Well it started out as an ALS fear, then quickly moved to MS. My right arm for some time (9 months) has felt tired and gets fatigued quite easily when I an doing something with it. Recently I have been feeling dull aches in my right leg as well when climbing stairs or doing whatever. I can physically climb the stairs, but after I am done it feels like I just worked out my muscles a lot and my right thigh aches. Due to this I have been strength testing it a lot by climbing stairs, standing on one leg, etc.

I saw my doctor about 6 weeks ago. She really focused on my arm issue and kind of pushed aside the leg one. We did a full physical, strength, neuro, reflexes test and blood work. Everything is good in my arms and legs. I told her I was super afraid it could be something neurological and feared MS. She responded “I don’t think so” and “MS usually does not present itself that way”.

I felt really relieved on the drive home. I do trust her but am still getting some occasional fears that she misdiagnosed me. She said my nerves and muscles are all responding well, if this is the case should i stop worrying about MS?
    30 yr old male btw. I know the answer is yes, but I need some convincing. I am just super worried that it is only affecting one side of my body (my right arm and leg). My left arm and leg are perfectly fine. I have no tingling, numbness, vision issues, etc. Can anyone offer some advice please!

Quote Originally Posted by wingo22 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    So been a long time health anxiety sufferer. I do plan on going for CBT, however the wait list in my area is quite long. But I feel like it’s a step in the right direction.
    Ive been recently worried about MS. Well it started out as an ALS fear, then quickly moved to MS. My right arm for some time (9 months) has felt tired and gets fatigued quite easily when I an doing something with it. Recently I have been feeling dull aches in my right leg as well when climbing stairs or doing whatever. I can physically climb the stairs, but after I am done it feels like I just worked out my muscles a lot and my right thigh aches. Due to this I have been strength testing it a lot by climbing stairs, standing on one leg, etc.

I saw my doctor about 6 weeks ago. She really focused on my arm issue and kind of pushed aside the leg one. We did a full physical, strength, neuro, reflexes test and blood work. Everything is good in my arms and legs. I told her I was super afraid it could be something neurological and feared MS. She responded “I don’t think so” and “MS usually does not present itself that way”.

I felt really relieved on the drive home. I do trust her but am still getting some occasional fears that she misdiagnosed me. She said my nerves and muscles are all responding well, if this is the case should i stop worrying about MS?
    30 yr old male btw. I know the answer is yes, but I need some convincing. I am just super worried that it is only affecting one side of my body (my right arm and leg). My left arm and leg are perfectly fine. I have no tingling, numbness, vision issues, etc. Can anyone offer some advice please!
    Wingo I can't offer any advice but I can say that I am in a very similar situation. Testing my limbs for strength etc and whilst in a state of anxiety your muscles are extremely tense which in turn creates further aches on said muscles, I know because it's happening to me as well. I too went to the doctor fearing a neurological disorder and she similarly tested my strength, reflexes etc and advised she believed I was fine. We have to trust the doctor's advice; they are professionally trained and know what they are doing. Think of it this way: the all clear from your doctor is the best news you could have got, had your doctor had to refer you for any reason your anxiety would be a million times worse than it is now. You received good news - be thankful.

What a good post!!
    I'm certainly in a black hole at the moment!! I would appreciate any feedback cos I am in a terrible place right now!!
    I do have MS (remitting relapsing) diagnosed last year in August. It didn't really worry me at all and have carried on. But more recently, over the last 5 weeks have had some very odd symptoms which are worrying!! Muscle twitching in eyes that went away and now muscle twitching over my body and thinking the worst now about Mnd!! Now have a bad back and swollen ankle and I'm freaking out and can't stop crying!! Any help please

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread Information