Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: banging heart overnight

Re: banging heart overnight

Many thanks! Hope I don't need it tonight, but if so... I'll know what to try!

It probably will happen tonight, but just get up, have a wee, scratch your butt and get back into bed.

That's what I do....

Quote Originally Posted by rosekay View Post
    Please can someone help me to stop panicking...

I know if I get gassy or bloated it makes my heart pound, usually when I go to bed. Normally I can lie there awake, feeling like a giant heart-beat, not able to ignore it until I eventually fall asleep. When I wake up in the morning it is normally resolved.

Last night was awful. I have a Kardia monitor, and if I use that in one of these "attacks" it usually shows me that the fast banging heartrate isn't as bad as it feels. Last night it was showing between 110 - 120 bpm. Regular, but very strong in my chest. Kardia said tachycardic, but no fibrillation present. I was gassy, went to the loo way more than usual (sorry!) and really struggled to sleep. Woke up this morning and it was still 111 bpm and I felt awful. Stomach still not right. Heart seems to have slowed to 82, thank goodness.

I was sure I was going to have to call the doctor this morning when I got up, I felt so bad. I haven't been so panicked about my heart rate for ages now, but last night was really horrible. I'd love to hear from someone who knows why this happens and can help me keep calm. My big problem used to be ectopic beats, I now take flecainide which has helped so much with that. I really don't want to go back to hovering over my pulse and worrying all the time...
    I used to get this too, I find what caused it was oats, wheat or alcohol. I cut those out and don't get it.

I also do some co2 tables to help chronic hyperventilation syndrome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information