Thread: Headaches

Headaches

Hi,
    I've had headaches off and on this last week and have been taking paracetamol for it. I've had a bit of a cold, so thought it was just related to that. However, this isn't normal for me. I don't really get headaches with a cold and for it to be off and on for like a week is strange. Anyway, I also noticed about 6 months ago a little ridge in my forehead that I'd never noticed before. I googled, silly I know, and it came up with tumours etc causing changes in skull shape. So I have now put two and two together, the headache and the dent, and I am convinced I have some underlying problem like a tumour. It's really scaring me, I don't know why I have a headache. It's mild as far as pain goes but enough for me to take tablets. So scared. My bf says I'm dehydrated and it's cos I've had a cold etc, but I'm just spiralling now. Any advice? Thanks

Re: Headaches

May I ask how old you are, LF? I've gone through all sorts of headache phases in my life, including some whwre I had them almost every day.

Hi Blueiris, I'm 32. Yeah, I do get headaches but this is just weird lasting so long for me. I'm not sleeping well, drinking probably too much wine and generally quite stressed at the moment, plus the cold could contribute to a bad head I guess. But it's forehead ridge thing that's freaking me out. My bf reckons it's always been there but I'm sure that's a lie so I'll stop worrying about it. I'd never noticed it before

Drink more water and see how it goes. Wine will dehydrate you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you Nicola x

Quote Originally Posted by LF87 View Post
    I'm not sleeping well, drinking probably too much wine and generally quite stressed at the moment, plus the cold could contribute to a bad head I guess.
    Any one of those things in isolation can give you headaches. I’d be more surprised if you weren’t experiencing headaches given the quote above.

Thanks GaryA. Going to try get an earlier night tonight and drink plenty water, see if that helps x

Self-declared brain tumour expert here - what you're worrying about is called "extracranial manifestations" of a brain tumour. This is so rare, you may as well worry about winning the lottery before you worry about a brain tumour (essentially) breaking through your skull.

Nothing in your post makes me think brain tumour.

good luck

Thank you RadioGaga. When you put it like that it does sound pretty out there haha. I guess I'd probably have some other symptoms too if that was happening!

Thread Information