Thread: Still spotting after 2 weeks

Still spotting after 2 weeks

I post a week ago about spotting all day everyday for a week, its now been 2 weeks and still happening, i have pelvic pain with this most of the time. The spotting is only when i wipe and can be discharge that is a brownish color or almost fresh blood, sometimes just pink and sometime red.
    I am going to be going to see the doctor tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has had it or could tell me what it could be? I am so worried its the big c as i had 2 occasions of bleeding after sex, had a smear test 3 months ago and it was normal

Thank you for reading

Re: Still spotting after 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by laura1988 View Post
    I post a week ago about spotting all day everyday for a week, its now been 2 weeks and still happening, i have pelvic pain with this most of the time. The spotting is only when i wipe and can be discharge that is a brownish color or almost fresh blood, sometimes just pink and sometime red.
    I am going to be going to see the doctor tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has had it or could tell me what it could be? I am so worried its the big c as i had 2 occasions of bleeding after sex, had a smear test 3 months ago and it was normal

Thank you for reading
    Hello Laura...I recently went through similar and was consumed with the idea that it was female cancer. I didn’t have daily spotting but I did have bleeding after sex and pelvic pain. I had lots of tests ran and turns out I had an infection found on vaginal swab. Following antibiotics, my pain went away. The Gyn found a small uterine fibroid (benign) and that my uterus is enlarged (biopsy negative and no sinister reason for the enlargement). Don’t worry yourself into a frenzy like I had, especially since you had a clear pap so recently. I feel much better now and wish I would’ve allowed myself the possibility of it being a minor infection instead of wasting my time worrying about it being cancer. Let us know how it goes at your doctor. Hope you feel better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for taking the time to write back

This has helped a bit! Was doing quite well after my pap test was clear but now with the pain and bleeding i'm a complete mess :( would love one month of being 'NORMAL'!
    xx

Thank you so much for taking the time to write back

This has helped a bit! Was doing quite well after my pap test was clear but now with the pain and bleeding i'm a complete mess :( would love one month of being 'NORMAL'!
    xx
    You’re so welcome I completely understand. That nagging pain is what kept me convinced that it was something bad. It was hard to reason with myself bc the pain was there. It kept me worried but now that it is over, I am kicking myself for going straight to the big C word in my mind. Something else that may help calm you...my sister had a recently had issues. Lots of bleeding, constant pain, pain after sex. Hers were simple ovarian cysts. My first cousin had a hysterectomy just a few days ago for a lot of abnormal bleeding for several months along with pain. Turns out her uterus was twice the normal size but no C word. It’s always helps me to know that there are cases that sound like they could be scary but turn out to be nothing or something very fixable.

Thank you again for your help went to the doctors this morning and have found out I'm pregnant ! Not sure how as i had sex a day after my period ended? I have to go for an early scan tomorrow because of the bleeding so will find out how far i am x

Thank you again for your help went to the doctors this morning and have found out I'm pregnant ! Not sure how as i had sex a day after my period ended? I have to go for an early scan tomorrow because of the bleeding so will find out how far i am x
    Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! let us know your details on how far along you are!!!

Well, I wasn't expecting that outcome from the start of the thread to the end Thats kind of about as 'unsinister' as it gets. Did they do a test there and then Laura ? COngratulations !!!

Congratulations!!

Thread Information