Thread: Problems Breathing

Problems Breathing

Hi all, I originally posted about this problem I've been having about a month ago, since then I've Been to the doctors and they had told me it's "just an anxiety thing", I've had many symptoms of anxiety and none of them have been as persistent and as restless as the breathing related issues I've been having recently.

A lot of what worries me is how short of breath I feel, I've been getting pain in my back and random pains In my ribs/heart area, sometimes very sharp and stabbing like sensations. I am constantly needing to yawn and take a deep breath and I start to feel out of breath while talking. I'm also getting feelings of heaviness In my chest.

I'm really struggling to see how these issues are anxiety related as my doctor seems to think, I can't help but think it's something much more sinister considering the impact they are having on me mentally and physically. I've tried deep breathing techniques, stopping smoking and moving to vaping..

It really feels like I'm being thrown under the bus when I'm told its anxiety related, it almost feels like the doctors have just missed something out. I can't help but think that I have something wrong with my lungs or diaphragm or heart because of how debilitating this feels. Will these sensations ever go away? I just want to feel like I can breathe again

Re: Problems Breathing

There are literally thousands of posts about this, people experiencing exactly the same thing.

By far the best thing you can do is stop focusing on it and stop trying to keep taking a full breath. It's one of the most common anxiety symptoms and mostly related to stiff and tight muscles (this ties in with your random pains). The diaphragm is a muscle and is also prone to tightness, making it difficult to take a full breath.

Your mental chatter saying it's something sinister is only going to make it worse, so you need to stop doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    There are literally thousands of posts about this, people experiencing exactly the same thing.

By far the best thing you can do is stop focusing on it and stop trying to keep taking a full breath. It's one of the most common anxiety symptoms and mostly related to stiff and tight muscles (this ties in with your random pains). The diaphragm is a muscle and is also prone to tightness, making it difficult to take a full breath.

Your mental chatter saying it's something sinister is only going to make it worse, so you need to stop doing that.
    The problem I'm having is even when I'm not focusing on it, it's still there

I didn't say it would immediately go away, but focusing on it is 100% making it worse.

Stop focusing on it for weeks and weeks, then see.

The issue is anxiety.

Thread Information