Thread: Vagina worries...question

Vagina worries...question

I’m so sorry to ask this....I know it’s a weird question but I’m freaking myself out!

Ladies...If you push a finger inside your vagina, is it normal to have a firm, curved front wall that ends with a squashy bulge at the top (below the cervix) where you can fit a finger either side of the bulge?
    All diagrams online make it look like it should be perfectly straight!
    I’m worried about cancer or prolapse! But I do t wanna waste the doctors time if this is normal anatomy stuff!
    You’d think by 35 I’d know!

Re: Vagina worries...question

Don't worry lime slime I freaked out at this once mines the same, the things we notice 🤣

Really?! Thanks so much!!!

I think you're talking about the fornix, which I only just realized existed when watching a video about menstrual discs, haha. Check the diagram here. Is that where you mean? https://menstrualcup.co/menstrual-di...enstrual-cups/

Also, here's a funny story about vaginas and anxiety:

A few years ago when my anxiety was really bad I would always panic that I forgot tampons inside me, so I'd check frequently. One day I stuck a finger up there to check and felt all kinds of lumps along the back wall. I flew into a complete panic!! I called my doctor to make an appointment and spent all this time Googling to see what it could possibly be. Later that day I went to the bathroom again and this time had to poop. When I was done I checked for the lumps again and they were completely gone. It was then that I realized I'd been feeling poop through the back wall of my vagina......... Our anxiety can turn ANYTHING into a reason to panic!!

Kind of. It’s more what’s in the fornix area. Like, my anterior vaginal wall extends past the pelvic bone and ends in a little nub that feels like the tip of my nose...but it’s about 2cm long.
    It’s really hard to explain...I’ve accepted that it’s probably just my normal anatomy. It’s just that all diagrams online don’t show this! And my HA starts wondering if it’s some kind of growth that shouldn’t be there!

Thread Information