Thread: Oral HPV - freaking out

Oral HPV - freaking out

So, my ex left me with genital warts and I've been checking my mouth and found this little bump on the left side of my tongue, close to its root. Could be a wart? How on earth am I gonna treat it?
    ALso that big white stuff close to it, which is absent from the other side of the tongue.. what could it be? huge wart? cancer?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Oral HPV - freaking out

Ive just looked at your pic if its the lump to the right of the base of the tongue i can assure yous its harmless, its known as a blocked saliva gland. Harmless, normal, non dangerous and can be popped by yourself or it will go off its own accord. I frequently get them on my inner lower lip because i chew it when im stressed. I get them every other week sometimes, i just pop it and carry on.
    Hope that reassures you, i do recommend googling blocked saliva glad as it will help reassure you.
    Best wishes

Thank you! Gonna Google it right away, but already feeling better. I have been going to the dentist quite often these past months, perhaps something came out of it too

No problem!!! im not actually sure what causes them i just know its a normal thing
    PH

As long as it's normal. Today I found out there can be tons of causes for bumps in the oral cavity, it is hard not to freak out every time one rolls his tongue out in front of a mirror!

Ahhh i totally understand i self diagnose my anxiety into many manifestations and i end up in A and E telling them im having a neurological episode and they're like, no your having a panick attack and you have an inner ear infection thats why everything is spinning around!!! your not alone with a good imagination sweetie.
    Keep asking on here, i feel so much better since i have found this place.
    PH

Thank you for your support! I am happy I discovered this community, it was much needed

Thread Information