Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Head injury?

Re: Head injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    If we don't get an update on this thread, as usually happens Delilah, then I'm going to be really peed. You never go back to your 'fear of the day threads' and talk about the outcome.
    These threads are less about fear, and more about perceived care.

Good point ankiety Joe, and based on all that we know it makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Carys; 22-10-19 at 10:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah001 View Post
    ive seen a doctor and we are scheduling proper therapy sessions not a one time thing i did before
    When is the 1st appointment?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishman my apoinment is this friday so wish me luck

Carys the reason i dont update often is because i find out im fine after im sorry that i dont and i cant see why that would be considered as rude.

Joe ive said this before im genuinely scared when i post about these things if i wanted to have a chat i would talk a lot more and not about my symptoms. Im not seeking attention because this isnt the way to go about it.

Of course we want an update and a little thanks to some members would be nice - for their help in calming you down.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I know you might not believe it, Delilah, but people can and do worry about you. Besides, it's encouraging to others when they find out that your health concerns were unfounded.

It’s really rude. People use their time to help you and you can’t be bothered to update them. What if we’re all worried that you’ve slipped into a coma? What if the next person who has a head injury reads this thread and needs help & cant see a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah001 View Post

Joe ive said this before im genuinely scared when i post about these things if i wanted to have a chat i would talk a lot more and not about my symptoms. Im not seeking attention because this isnt the way to go about it.
    It's not about seeking attention. It's about care.

You are the victim of abuse and have not had parental care. These are things you have told us. In these cases, people are far more prone to elevate trivial things (like this head 'injury') into catastrophic events to receive care from other people. I'm not saying you don't feel scared, but the fear is misplaced and the care you get from others is comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    It's not about seeking attention. It's about care.

You are the victim of abuse and have not had parental care. These are things you have told us. In these cases, people are far more prone to elevate trivial things (like this head 'injury') into catastrophic events to receive care from other people. I'm not saying you don't feel scared, but the fear is misplaced and the care you get from others is comforting.
    That's a very good point that Joe is making, Delilah. I don't know your whole story, but if you are a victim of trauma, and you haven't been through therapy yet, then your HA could very well have an attention-seeking element to it. Also, there are many people out there, who have been victims of trauma, who would rather deal with "medical problems", thus their HA, than deal with their PTSD. The medical issues become an excuse for the underlying trauma that they do not know how to face.

I'm so glad your appointment is Friday. Please make sure the therapist you are seeing has experience in helping people with trauma/PTSD.

Just a thought.... As I've said before, you've posted a plethora of threads and shared a lot of your history and personal life, and there are also elements of your personality that come through quite clear via your words. It may be beneficial to send the therapist links to your posts to gain some insight. Even as an armchair psychologist, abuse is abuse, and it's apparent your past is complicated and has had profound impacts on your present. It will continue to do so into your future if it's not addressed.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information