Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Head injury?

Re: Head injury?

Thanks so much for the responses.
    Joe it just doesnt feel that way when i post its right after something happens and im always worried non stop about that thing until i get reassurance on this site and then i go on about whatever i was doing. Im completley foccused on that.
    I understand what you are saying it just doesnt feel like im doing it for that reason. Partially why i asked for people to talk about only giving me health advice and not asking about other things and why i never really replied.
    So if i want care why would i do those things i mentioned above?

Your reaction may be subconscious. I'm not suggesting you're planning to make post's with a specific goal of care, rather a situation arises that makes you feel the need to check with 'parent' figures. In the same way as when a 5 year old falls over it looks for a grown up, even though all they've done is tripped, where a 12 year old wouldn't.

This is something I've learned about in my weekly sessions I have to look after my partner, and it's very common in people with your history.

There must be a reason why you (an adult) can't self assess things as being trivial. You have a history of posting concerns that seem ridiculous to other people, and it's the same kind of behaviour shown from a young child.

I'm not being critical of you here, just analytical.

I get what you are saying.
    I do sometimes talk to older people when im scared because it feels protective and i sometimes get attached and it always goes wrong but i dont want to stop doing it because it feels comforting to me.

I could never talk to my mother about these things she just thinks im weak and cowardly. Shes the complete opposite and sometimes is repulsed to even hug me (last night she rejected hugging me because she said i was getting fatter).
    I laughed because it was so silly but she actually thinks like that.
    Im pretty sure shes a narc and no one in my house is fond of her at all.

I just want to seek comfort but its frustrating because no one can ever fully give it to me.

I'm sorry your family are so awful, Delilah. It's not surprising that you've never learned to comfort yourself when you haven't been comforted by others.

Thank you iris for the message
    I feel so stupid even admitting this all but i was wondering if stuff like that is considered abuse because i remember telling someone close to me and they said i should move out.

Of course it's abuse. You're living in a very unhealthy environment right now, sadly.

Yes it's abuse, 100%

Yes, abuse.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information