Thread: Ultrasound on swollen lymph node finds NOTHING?!

Ultrasound on swollen lymph node finds NOTHING?!

So today i had an ultrasound of my armpit which has a swollen hard pea sized lymph node. Its easily palpable, but the technician said there was NOTHING visible. Not any enlargement. All looked normal. Anyone ever had this? I am still worried because the hard pea is still there ... :-(.

Re: Ultrasound on swollen lymph node finds NOTHING?!

Surely this is good news - you are making out it is the worst news ever.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Those are actually good news, celebrate them.

Well yeah ofcourse it is good news. But It would have been nice if they could actually visualize what I am feeling in there. There is an obvious and palpable lump, larger then the rest in there, but the ultrasound found nothing enlarged or whatever so that is what throws me off a bit:

IS the lump nothing or did they miss the actual lump on the US and just scan beside it. Seems weird to me because the armpit aint that big LOL, but why not see something that u can easily feel? Thats why i am asking for experiences on this

Why did the doctor said about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietyel View Post
    So today i had an ultrasound of my armpit which has a swollen hard pea sized lymph node. Its easily palpable, but the technician said there was NOTHING visible. Not any enlargement. All looked normal. Anyone ever had this? I am still worried because the hard pea is still there ... :-(.
    Great news, the lymph node is within the normal range. The ultrasound can also see the thickness of the lymph node wall, which is obviously fine. Time to relax

Thanks @Wisemonkey Yes i am hoping they saw the cortical thickness and it was normal which i think is a good indicator, but because there is a palpable node and he didnt he anything i am wondering if they even found the palpable node. Arent there like 40 in your armpit? How do i know he even saw the right one?

Also because he said nothing about normal appearance, just that ‘no node looked enlarged’ which i know by itself doesnt indicate anything and therefore didnt comfort me.. do they look at that cortex always, even when no node has suspicious size?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietyel View Post
    Thanks @Wisemonkey Yes i am hoping they saw the cortical thickness and it was normal which i think is a good indicator, but because there is a palpable node and he didnt he anything i am wondering if they even found the palpable node. Arent there like 40 in your armpit? How do i know he even saw the right one?

Also because he said nothing about normal appearance, just that ‘no node looked enlarged’ which i know by itself doesnt indicate anything and therefore didnt comfort me.. do they look at that cortex always, even when no node has suspicious size?
    Wow, someone has been Googling eh? Either that or you're a medical student

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The ultrasound saw everything it was supposed to see and found nothing abnormal. Just because you can feel something somewhere doesn't mean its abnormal, stop second guessing the results and rejoice in the fact that there is nothing wrong.

Thread Information