Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECG

Re: ECG

Life is fundamentally unfair, Phoenixess, and there's no such thing as completely sure, just the balance of probability.

Sorry you're feeling so awful.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Life is fundamentally unfair, Phoenixess, and there's no such thing as completely sure, just the balance of probability.

Sorry you're feeling so awful.
    I’d been doing ok for a bit as well and now I’m a crying mess again.
    I just rang the receptionist back and she said if the doctors had seen something urgent I would have been called to go down today as they only came back this morning but she said the doctor will clarify everything tomorrow so that’s a bit helpful I think? I don’t know I can’t see the wood for the trees for fear right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you aware that the fear is the issue here?

Are you aware that the fear is the issue here?
    Yes I am
    I’ve spoke to my step mum and my best friend and they have talked it all through with me I’m starting to feel a bit calmer

That's brilliant! Not saying there won't be speedbumps but feeling a little bit better is always a help.

That's brilliant! Not saying there won't be speedbumps but feeling a little bit better is always a help.
    Thanks blue x

Thanks blue x

It may be standard procedure having to speak to a doctor.

I had a heart scan (echocardiogram) back in the summer. I initially went to the dr as I was getting heartburn after exercise, which the dr brushed off as normal, but as my health anxiety was sky high I persisted and told him I also get palpitations/chest tightness (which looking back, most likely anxiety once again). He organised an ECG and referral for cardio........great, this was only 3 weeks after a sigmoidoscopy. Anyway, rang up 3/4 weeks after my scan for the results and the receptionist said 'the results are back'.......long pause........'can I just check something?'.......line goes silent for a minute......'right, we can't give you heart related results, you're going to have to speak to the dr'. I asked why - but I can't remember the reason she said. I then went into a huge panic, almost passing out, which lasted until I spoke to the dr. Anyway, the same receptionist rings back an hour later and says the dr said all the results were fine, but if you're still unhappy that there's no explanation for your palpitations then to arrange another appt to discuss further testing. I said, 'no, that's all I wanted to hear, thank you!'

So basically, just because you have an appt doesn't mean there's anything wrong. I know how difficult it is not to worry though.

Hi guys been to see the doctor.....
    Some good news my heart is fine!!
    I had a very few ectopic beats and my max heart rate during panic attack with it on was 158 they say everything is regular. Although these symptoms are uncomfortable apparently not life threatening!
    I cannot thank you all for the support through this I mean now I’ve got to tackle my thoughts more head on but now I have the report and the facts I will start my next chapter .
    Thanks again guys xxx

Glad you got good results x Im going through some tests myself soon I can understand how you felt! Hope you have some peace now xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information