Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECG

ECG

Hello
    I need to have a 24 hr ecg and I’m really scared I’m considering cancelling it. What Do other people think?
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: ECG

I'm suffering with a fast heart rate myself alot- my gp never seems to worry or send me for tests. I suppose it's nothing but unpleasant? Can I ask who set up the test? And if it's already booked in why not just have it as it may help you overcome this panic?

My GP ordered it on the back of the hospital recommendation

Don't cancel it ?

What scares you?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Im scared what they might find and say.
    I have just done the heart age test on the nhs website and it said i am in 0.4% of having a heart attack or stroke and my heart age is 30 and i can expect to live until 74 without a heart attack or stroke

Well you have to know - you can't mess around with hearts so get it done.

You are highly unlikely to have anything wrong to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Getting the heart monitor today kinda of resided to the idea I’m going to prove to them there is nothing wrong with me after even being to scared to have it for the last two months.
    Just wondered if I had a heart problem would it matter if I’m resting or active whilst I wear the monitor. I hope I don’t notice having it on otherwise that will mess me up

So upset basically I had the heart monitor I was scared of having on the 11th of November I’ve been ringing the doctors to ask for the results no one has said they have anything. Then I rang the hospital who said it has been sent back and been signed off. Now I rang today and the woman was like there nothing here and then she said yes the holtor monitor report is back. And I went quiet and she went quiet and now I’m panicking it came back with something bad I didn’t dare ask her she’s only a receptionist. I think I said something like Will the doctor discuss it with me tomorrow and she said if that’s what your appointment is for I’m terrified I’m so upset I don’t know what to do I just want to know if I’m ok or not. I’m really scared it’s bad news and tomorrow will leave me in a mess and I have a presentation on Friday I’m so scared help me please I can’t do this I’m so upset

Try not to worry? All probability points to it being nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Try not to worry? All probability points to it being nothing.
    You sure I’m so alone with all my fears it’s not fair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information