Thread: Panicking about fast heart rate .....again!!!

Panicking about fast heart rate .....again!!!

So the other day I was in hospital and my heart rate went up to 145 in a panic..... last night I was using my heart rate app and at one point it didn’t get a reading then it said my heart rate was 151! I didn’t feel like my heart rate was 151 it freaked me out. Then today I keep having the fast heart and now I’m convinced my heart rate is over 151 it’s scaring me it’s making me panic and not want to do anything. Any one else had similar or can shed some light I’m crying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Panicking about fast heart rate .....again!!!

Your heart rate being at 145 during a panic attack is completely normal, and expected.

Heart rate apps are notorious for doubling your actual rate because of the way they work (visually looking at blood pumping through the skin). Your heart rate was almost certainly more like 70-80 at the time as there's no way you wouldn't have noticed it beating at 151bpm.

What you need to do is delete the app and stop checking.

I have deleted it now but still panicking.
    Also I have a good result from lavender oil and stopping my heart going fast enough I notice...... so if that’s the case would that indicate my palpatations are stress related or could lavender oil still have positive effect on a medical reason for tachycardia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The closest I've ever came to "medical reasons for tachycardia" in my short 26 years of life was alcohol-induced atrial fibrillation. I know there are other members on here who have also had (more serious) heart problems.

All I can say is, over the years I've had rapid heart beats (tachycardia), skipped beats et al. But when I had AF, I knew my heart was doing something it shouldn't. I didn't even think about posting on here, or even Googling my symptoms. I was getting my drunk a$$ to A&E!

They found I had low potassium ("hypokalaemia") so they tried to treat me with IV potassium, along with IV amiodarone. Neither had an effect and I had to be cardioverted electrically (not a bad experience, I must say - thanks to the Midazolam!).

But, yeah, my point with this post is that if your heart is ever truly doing something it shouldn't be, you won't be on here asking - you'd be on your way to A&E/ the Emergency Room. At the time, I had no idea what the heck was wrong with me, and I do remember it crossed my mind that I could die at any moment, but strangely, the anxiety disappears, and I was remarkably calm.

good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Thread Information