So I'm writing this because I found out an acquaintance that is younger than I am had similar symptoms and ended up being diagnosed with cancer. I am a 50 yo Female. I constantly have blood when I have a bowel movement. It usually is on the toilet paper, in the toilet and on the outside of the stool. Some days it is everytime I have a bowel movement. Other days it's on the first one and then if I have multiple ones there is no blood or just on the toilet paper. Sometimes, it's nothing. No blood at all. I have lost about 10 lbs over the last year, but that is due to eating patterns. For a while I was having some bad indigestion and would alter my eating. I still get it every so often but not all the time. I alternate between regular stools, hard stools and diarrhea too. I figure it's mainly based on what I'm eating and how my stomach deals with it.

I did have a colonoscopy but it was probably 5-6 years ago--because I was having the same symptoms- and they said everything was fine. No poylps, and they took a sample of the lining to test and everything was fine.

So with that said, I am just freaking out because I am still having symptoms and then I heard about this lady that now has rectal cancer. I've contact my GP to see about seeing a GI/getting another colonscopy but haven't heard back yet. I'm very nervous...HELP.

Oh also, I have external hemmoriods and I'm pretty sure I have intermal ones too. The doctor who did the colonoscopy said well it all looks fine etc so i'm assuming it due to hemmoriods.