Thread: Does anyone remember this soft drink from around 1999?

Does anyone remember this soft drink from around 1999?

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all keeping well.

So, today my mum and I took a trip to Troon (in Scotland) where I spent many a Hallowe'en breaks at the Marine Hotel along with my dad. But, today when we were walking through the town, I had the most random of memories. I remember in 1999 we went in to the off licence and I got this sparkly flavoured water, which had these coloured circles/bubbles/balls floating in it. They were tiny - maybe about 3mm across (specific, I know!) but I remember they were colour-coded to the flavour.

I got strawberry, and I remember the circles/bubbles/balls (whatever you want to call them) were red. I can vaguely remember variants which were green, blue and I think yellow.

Can anyone remember this drink? I only ever remember seeing it in Scotland/Troon? I even did a post on Facebook and only one person knew what I was talking about, but like me, couldn't remember the name? My dad can remember it, but he can't remember the name either and its driving us all mad!!!

If it's any help I can remember it was non-alcoholic (obviously, as I was only 6 at the time) and came in a clear bottle, about the size of a can of coca-cola, with a black label and a black lid...
    Thanks so much

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Re: Does anyone remember this soft drink from around 1999?

Was it Orbitz?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

They bring back memories! Wow.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I'm from esses but I had family in the north and I'm sure I had this, unsure if I had it down south or up north but it definitely rings a bell! And so does the name orbitz as nmp says.
    It's funny how these things just spring to mind sometimes! I feel like I just went back in time 20 years hahaha fun times!

That's it Nicola!! ORBITZ! The sigh of relief in my house at the minute that we finally found out haha, it was bugging us all day yesterday.

They mustn't have lasted long because I remember at the time, despite being so young, I found it amazing there was a drink with floating "things" in it. And I remember when we went back the next year trying to find it, but it had already been discontinued.

@Halfjack - yes! That was my first "proper" time in Troon since 2008, so it was a trip down memory lane alright. (I was through the town briefly in 2015, on my way to Dundee, but didn't get a good look around). It's amazing because the town hasn't changed much, if at all. I love the place.

If anyone is ever in Troon, you must try Scott's wine bar, at the marina - it is truthfully the best food I've ever had!

No problem - glad to be of help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information