Thread: Mucus in stools for 3 months, now blood.....

Mucus in stools for 3 months, now blood.....

Hi guys,
    i just need to put this down in writing and get your opinions/advice as I might started to freak out.

about 3 or so months ago I noticed mucus in my stools. I've suffered with anxiety for many years and as a result have always had very loose stools/diahorrea, however since the mucus started I've had solid poos for the first time, sometimes very hard like little pebbles. Nothing's has changed in that time apart from changing my anxiety meds From citalopram to Venlafaxine, and the mucus had already started by then anyway.

the mucus has been there every day since, and then last week I noticed a small amount of blood on the stool, mixed in with the mucus. I haven't noticed any since then until this morning when I was doing a stool sample for my GP and i noticed blood on the surface of my poo. Not loads but enough to freak me out! The last couple of weeks I've also been very itchy on and off around this area.

i looked up piles on the internet this morning which says blood & itching can be caused by that, but it also said it can be caused by anal cancer so I'm freaking out, especially with the changes in the consistency of my stools.

as I said, I've done a sample for my GP who said she was testing for inflammation but whilst waiting for the results I know I'm going to drive myself mad with worry. I'd love to hear your opinions, as I over-reacting, has anyone had similar or should I indeed be worried?

thank you xx

Re: Mucus in stools for 3 months, now blood.....

Sounds like piles but you can get your GP to check for them to see if that is the cause.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information