Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is an ECG enough?

Re: Is an ECG enough?

Thanks for the comment Tracy!

Best wishes Les! I should imagine that it's causing extra stress at the moment. Let us know how you get on.

You're welcome hun!

Take Care
    Tracy

ive had panic attacks for about 5 years. at first i got the chest pain but took it as one of the symptoms of the attack so i dealt with them. over the last 6 months however, i have started to have central and left chest pain, for no apparent reason-sitting reading or watching tv for example. when i get these pains, which are usually quite painful and completely terrifying, i go into panic mode. i have been for 2 ECG's, chest xrays and blood tests...all of which came back fine. in answer to your question...i don't have one. no matter how many time the doctors tell me that the chest pains are stress related, i still need assurance and have started to not believe them. i'm even seriously considering changing doctors as i don't want to know what it ISNT, i want to know what it IS. i'm sorry i can't re-assure you anymore...just wanted to let you know your not on your own and i know how awful being like this is

Hi lwilliams! It's really scary and frustrating isn't it. You hear all kinds of horror stories and you know deep down that it's just as likely to happen to you as anyone else. You just want to know what is causing these horrible symptoms and sensations and no one can give you answers either way with any certainty, it makes you want to scream.

Keep us updated with how you do.

So an ECG is enough, right?

Thumbs down Re: Is an ECG enough?

I had 2 ECGs, one in A&E and the other at the docs at my insistance. The docs one showed up one dip, I wasnt on it long enough for the others to show ! When that happens I feel it in my throat and lose a breath, I also get a tired feeling come over me, and ive had twinges in the middle and the top of my chest, as well as upper back dull slight pain which comes and goes.
    All of the above symptoms dont happen at the same time BTW.

Doc said after listening to my heart and looking at the ECG that its fine, an xray was fine as was four differing blood tests.

Im so worried, this has gone on for 8 weeks now & previous to that I haddnt gone to docs for 2 years !

I had an ECG quite soon after I started developing symptoms and while at first I felt better, the pain didn't magically go away and I worried again. I began to question what it had shown; it had only last about 5 minutes, and I wasn't feeling particularly anxious at the time, my heart wasn't racing and the chest pain wasn't there.

After that I was convinced I would need another one, maybe a stress test or a 24 hour test. I got pains at night when I was in bed and everytime I was convinced something terrible was happening. But guess what, I would sleep eventually and I woke up the next morning. I wasn't fine but I wasn't dead, I hadn't had a heart attack and I was breathing normally.

I still get pain, but if I distract myself, or don't sit and constantly think about all the "what if" scenarios it goes away. This more than anything has convinced me it is the anxiety making me think this way.

Don't be afraid to ask for another test, but remember if the ECG has said you are fine but you think you are not, really think about your chest pain, and try, as rationally as possible, to decide what action needs to be taken.

Hi
    I've been having those strange beats that make your breath catch in your throat on and off since the age of 14. I'm now 44 - so - although no one could have convinced me in the early days that they weren't going to kill me - now I'm able to say to myself 'well you've had 'em for 30 years - if they haven't killed you by now I guess your pretty safe'.

I still don't like them though - they feel horrible & freaky!

Regards
    Di x

Hello Di

I have had these horrible Eptopic beats for almost 3 years! so scary when they are bad im convinced im going to die! Its good to see that you are able to feel positive about them! I have registered here to talk to people who have them as it feels like im the only one that does!

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by stressedmelissa View Post
    Hello Di

I have had these horrible Eptopic beats for almost 3 years! so scary when they are bad im convinced im going to die! Its good to see that you are able to feel positive about them! I have registered here to talk to people who have them as it feels like im the only one that does!

Melissa
    Hi Melissa nice to meet you

Hope knowing that I've had them for such a long time can give you a little reasurace that you're not going to die from them. It may take a little while to feel convinced but it will come. They'll happen - and instead of panick you'll just go "oh stop it - behave yourself".
    Wishing you well
    Di x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information