Thread: Fear/dread

Fear/dread

Morning everyone, I had the worst night, I went to bed early as I was tired, got off to sleep after about 30 mins, I woke up at 00.05 with the worst feeling of fear/dread in my stomach and began shaking uncontrollably, this lasted about 2 hours, I managed to go back to sleep but woke about 30 mins later feeling exactly the same, this feeling in my stomach keeps building until its almost unbearable then subsides only to come back a little later, can anybody relate to this?
    I've suffered with this on and off for years, just would like to know I'm not alone.
    Thanks for listening x

Re: Fear/dread

You're really not alone. I used to get this fairly regularly; luckily it doesn't present as much of an issue now, and most of the time I can sort the middle-of-the-night panics out with mindful breathing or various distraction exercises.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, and hope you can find your way out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You're really not alone. I used to get this fairly regularly; luckily it doesn't present as much of an issue now, and most of the time I can sort the middle-of-the-night panics out with mindful breathing or various distraction exercises.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, and hope you can find your way out soon.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, it's nice to know I'm not alone, I've suffered from this for years, it usually starts when I try to sleep and on waking, when I was younger I only got them every 5-6 months but as I've got older they're much more frequent and debilitating x

Are you receiving any help to deal with these?

I've had years of various tests, wrongly diagnosed with Epilepsy, migraine but dr now things anxiety, I've got diazepam to take, doesn't really help, just makes me sleep but it's an escape from it while I'm sleeping x

Maybe investigate getting some therapy? Stress during the day can easily translate to night-time panic attacks.

Thank you ❤

Before I was on my meds I had nocturnal panic attacks. Maybe you're experiencing something similar? I've had them all my life but they rear their ugly head when I'm more stressed or worried. Thank God they haven't happened for a while, but I can totally relate to how you're feeling.

Nausea and uncomfortable stomach feelings are common during panic attacks and times of worry or general anxiety. It used to plague me and I thought I had a serious medical problem because of the nausea and lack of appetite the anxiety was causing.

I still have periods like that but I've learned it's part of the anxiety. Let your doctor know, there are treatments available

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thread Information