Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work situation

Re: Work situation

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Stop blaming other people for your mental health problems... the problems are yours and yours alone and only you can fix them.

your OCD will not get better how ever long you just sit and wait for it to....
    Well it’s not my fault the transfer fell through and I was promised a move im afraid this is something in this case is not in my control.

An employer's responsibility is to many things but the work and company come before people's personal aspirations for a better job/career. That takes priority of your boredom in the role, you have to accept whilst it's out of your control it's no one's fault because you are not entitled to that new position and a promise means nothing, if it's not contractual in writing then it's nothing. A disappointment, yes, but it was never a given and just part of the many let downs in life.

I had something similar happen to me recently, Phil. I was angry at first, but as Terry says, shit happens. Unfortunately, my current job is way too deep into my comfort zone for me to be brave enough to make a jump.

You have to decide whether you're bored enough to deal with the stress of applying for work elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I had something similar happen to me recently, Phil. I was angry at first, but as Terry says, shit happens. Unfortunately, my current job is way too deep into my comfort zone for me to be brave enough to make a jump.

You have to decide whether you're bored enough to deal with the stress of applying for work elsewhere.
    where do you live Phil? I work in retail and there is a job going where I work- but obviously it all depends on whether you live near me in Kent/ south east London. I am thinking it is unlikely.

i can sympathise too- I used to love where I worked and due to a recent take over - the whole environment has changed and become all money money - despite the fact it was working well before when they were nice to their employees.

Don’t go to school for some specific degree or skill without knowing you actually like doing it first. You need to try different jobs or industries and and see what you like first. Don’t just randomly pick something.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    My life can’t be on hold to wait for my ocd or anxiety to get better I had a long conversation about that before. The issue is how the anxiety is making me feel awful due to this work boss letting me down. I am unsure how to handle this
    But,like you said,your OCD is betterSeriously,tell me how you did it.
    And shit really does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1 View Post
    But,like you said,your OCD is betterSeriously,tell me how you did it.
    And shit really does happen.
    Doesn't it just...

Jobs are precious, Phil and I'm sure they are hard to come by where you live..But you could always go into counselling if you fancied a change of direction...

I have absolutely no idea why Phil is discussing this with internet strangers on a public forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information